3

A/N

Ok guys I'm so excited for this chapter because we get to see all of the members and their ~motives~ for wanting to marry you.😏😏 Also just to let you know I switch POVs in this chapter so look out for that. Enjoy!

Y/n POV

"You've slept much too long y/n!" Ida's voice awoke you from your deep slumber.

You sat up in your bed, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. "That was the best I've slept in a long time." You yawned. It was true. You had slept long and without interruption.

"I'm glad but darling the ball is tonight you need to start getting ready!"

"I haven't even had breakfast, Ida." You whined.

"There's no time, child! There's too much to do!"

She wasn't lying, either. From the moment your feet touched the cool floor of your bedroom, you were rushed around in order to prepare for the ball. A new dress had been made just for the occasion, so you started the day by being pricked with needles as they made sure it fit perfectly. It was a breathtaking dress. It was a deep emerald color with gold etching along the torso. The sleeves were only connected to the dress under the armpits leaving your collar bones and shoulders exposed. You silently hoped it wouldn't be too cold. The sleeves were long and flared, covering your hands when your arms were by your side, and flowing behind you as you walked.

Your stomach growled as the final touches were made to the dress, but before you could even mention lunch, you were whisked away to another part of the castle for your attendants to bathe you.

3rd person POV

While y/n was washed, brushed, and powdered in every way possible, on the other side of the castle the suitors readied themselves for a competitive night of capturing the young princess's heart. The men shuffled around their respective rooms, sharing conversation with the people that accompanied them on their journeys to the castle.

The man named Kim Taehyung, who had broken the rules and engaged with the princess the night before, paced through his room, discussing his brief encounter with the princess.

"I hope I didn't startle her too much last night. I got a little excited. She was prettier than I expected her to be." He smiled slightly at the tall, skinny man standing several feet from him.

"I'm glad, maybe it'll make it easier to woo her."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Yeah but what I'm saying, uncle, is that I think I could actually get feelings for her."

Without warning Taehyung's uncle approached him with heavy and quick steps. The small smirk fell from Taehyung's face as his uncle raised his finger at him. "I don't care if she resembles the pig in the back of the butcher's shop!" Taehyung was taken aback by his uncle's stern words. "You know why you need to be the one to win her heart."

Taehyung looked to the floor, feeling guilty for thinking of himself. He pulled on his dress shoes, hoping that no one would notice that they were worn through to the point of almost no sole. Although Taehyung and his family boasted a picture of wealth and grace, hard times had fallen on their financial situation, and little to no money was left in the Kim name.

To be completely honest, Taehyung didn't want to come and court the princess, but his father and uncle forced him to the moment that they found out the princess would be wed soon. They needed the money, and bad. But Taehyung would never let anyone know that. He was on a mission to uphold his family's affluent reputation and win the princess's heart.