12

A/N

Buckle up biddies because things are about to get REAL. 

Also ily and please remember to like and comment. Also share this story with your friends and I'll love you forever! Okey let's get into it my fellow Yoongi stans hold on tight the next like two chapters are for you babes and my OT7s and other stans I've got some chapters for you coming ON DECK. <3

Yoongi POV

Ever since I cornered the princess outside that day, my mind had been a battleground that held a constant war. I had kept myself from speaking to her too much, but my heart had its own agenda. As I would watch her, usually from across large rooms, her smile made me feel things I had never felt before. She seemed so. damn. kind. The plans my father and his council had made me sick to my stomach.

But as I sat in my room for yet another day, hoping to avoid the princess and the way she made me feel, my father's councilor came in to discuss the exactly last thing I didn't want to be reminded of.

"Your father will be arriving at the castle the day before the princess's decision of her suitor will be made. He will be arranging the last-minute details from the inside. And of course, remind you of what your responsibilities are."

My throat felt dry. I felt sicker than I had moments before. I knew he would be angry, but my question had to be asked. "Who exactly will be a casualty of this... attack?" I asked.

            The councilor narrowed his eyes

The councilor narrowed his eyes. "Call it what it is or you will sound cowardly. It is a coup. A forceful transition of power. Your father wants no trace of the royal family left. He wants there to be no question of who the next king will be."

I flinched slightly, but didn't let him see the effect his words had. "Him?"

"Foolish boy." The councilor spat angrily. "You ask these questions as if you don't know the answers. Your father will be crowned the new king, and when it is time, you will take his place."

I kept my gaze low. I was usually much more reserved and sharper when speaking with the councilor, but today my emotions felt overwhelming. I act strong and am typically cold when it comes to feelings, but I still am human. "I hate to ask the question again, councilor, but I'd like an explicit answer of who the casualties will be during the," I hesitated. "coup?"

The councilor sighed and fell back into a cushioned chair in the corner. His hand lifted to his forehead tiredly. "Well," he started. I knew what was coming but didn't want to believe it. "For a violent coup of this nature, which your father has stated it to be so, the entire royal family must be out of the picture. This includes the king, queen, and their two daughters." My heart gave a sharp pain and my stomach twisted savagely. "Also, if the princess announces her fiancé before the coup begins, he too will have to be killed."

Another sigh left the councilor's lips, as if reciting the "kill list" was a burden to him. As if he wasn't toying with human life with his words. What a fucking prick. I thought as the man continued. "And then of course anyone who resists the seizure of power from your father. Castle guards, servants, royal guests..." His voice trailed of nonchalantly.

My thoughts went to the other suitors. How would they react to the coup? Would their lives also be lost before the dust settles? I swallowed. I never really wanted this. When my father came to me with the plan, I was mostly indifferent. I'd never yearned for power or royalty, but it didn't sound too bad. All I had to do was collect information from the inside and keep an eye on things before my father's men arrived. Easy enough. Better yet, I got to visit the castle that would soon become my home.

I never expected to find myself feeling things towards the one of the people I was supposed to hate. When I first saw her, I admitted she was beautiful, and I thought it would be quite the shame when she was killed, but now, I can no longer bear the thought. The way she smiled, the way she laughed, the way her breath hitched when I had her pinned against the wall. The way her hair ran down her back. Oh, how I longed to touch it—to touch her. The way she wasn't afraid to speak her thoughts. When I spoke to her in the outdoor hallway just a few days ago, the urge to reach out and take her hand, to lean in and kiss her lips... It was almost too difficult.

When I had heard of the attempt on her life, I couldn't calm myself. I was furious. And worried. I immediately demanded to know if it was one of our own men, but the councilor swore it wasn't. Then, the day after I heard rumors of the assassin being sent from the southern kingdom. How dare they lay a finger on her. That night my bed posts gained a few more sword gashes. I normally tried very hard to control my anger, but this kind of fury was different. I knew it was wrong of me to be this upset about her being in danger, for she was about to be in much more all because of me.

Now, I lock myself in my chambers and pretend I feel nothing. If I see her, I know my feelings will bubble over. If I talk to her, I don't know what would happen. So, I avoid her. I occasionally see her at meals, speaking to the other suitors. It makes my blood boil. It should be my name on her lips. It should be my eyes she looks into longingly. It should be me making her giggle or blush or become flustered. I was enchanted, I admitted, but to betray my family with these thoughts...

I was being torn apart inside. Do I listen to the strongest feelings my heart and soul have ever had, or do I remain loyal to the family that has given me everything I've ever wanted? The family that raised me and taught me and made me into the strong man I am today. I felt numb. I'd never had to make a decision like this.

The councilor scoffed, pulling me out of my mind. He must have noticed my stormy eyes, deep in thought. He stood, walking towards my doors. "Just remember to do as you're told, Min Yoongi. Do not disappoint your father." And with those words, he was gone.

I closed my eyes shut. "Dammit!" I yelled, my voice booming through my now empty chambers.

 I felt claustrophobic, so I wrapped a jacket around my arms and ran my fingers through my hair, waiting a few moments to be sure the councilor had returned to his own chamber, then walked out the doors

I mainly needed to stretch my legs and get out of my room for a few minutes. But I also ached to get y/n's pretty little face out of my mind.