54."Our Song"

Baekhyun, Minji and Chanyeol walk inside the karaoke hall one by one.

Baekhyun leads the way, after paying for a private room the three of them make their way through the hallway, the place is loud so no one speaks until everyone's inside the room.

Chanyeol walks inside last and shuts the door after him before joining the other two at the couch.

"So?" He rudely interrupts the two who were looking through the lists of the available songs together, sitting closely and holding hands. They look at him and he leans back crossing his arms "Are we here to sing or speak?"

"Both" Baekhyun answers with a glare since he's already ruining their date. He makes eye contact with Minji and she nods for him to go on and tell him everything.

And so he does.

[...]

After hearing everything they know until now, Chanyeol stays quiet, leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees as his eyes are fixed on the glass of cold soju on the table in front of him.

Minji slightly squeezes Baekhyun's hand to get his attention and he immediately looks at her. She eyes him with worry and confusion but he only shrugs his shoulders, as confused as her.

Knowing him, Baekhyun is expecting Chanyeol to yell at him at any moment, ask him why he didn't tell him about all these earlier and get mad like he always does.

To his surprise, when Chanyeol finally speaks his voice and expression remain calm and serious "You haven't heard her make any suspicious calls lately?"

Minji shakes her head "No. Honestly I don't think she received more than two after that day"

Baekhyun sighs "They must've talked about something really serious that time. She became a whole other person after meeting with that man"

"How exactly?"

They both turn their heads to Chanyeol who seems to be struggling to keep up with them. He look calm but inside his heart is racing like crazy at the idea of Ji Young being involved in a dangerous situation "I mean she avoided me anyways so I don't know much"

"She not only avoids you and Baekhyun but also Han Byeol and even me" Minji explains calmly, she feels less scared since Baekhyun is holding her hand, rubbing his thumb against her skin "I noticed she always leaves home while I'm gone or sleeping. And I almost never see her come back"

"She doesn't sleep at the apartment?" Chanyeol asks, finally looking worried but Minji is quick to reassure him "She does, I mean, I never see her when she comes back but when I check her room she's already sleeping"

Chanyeol nods, relieved. For a moment he thought that she might be seeing someone else.

But she wouldn't do that and he knows it very well.
'She loves me too much to sleep with other guys'

Baekhyun and Minji exchange strange looks as Chanyeol goes quiet again. The young man runs his fingers in his wavy dark hair, then brings his hand down on his mouth as he gets lost in his thoughts.

'What do I do now...How can I approach Ji Young and find out about all this mess?'

'I have to be very careful this time'

'She needs me. I can't let her down'

He heaves a sigh and finally looks at the two of them "Thank you for letting me know about this"