13."Hearts Reunite"

Chanyeol slowly opens his eyes.

He winces due to the bright light coming from the wide windows, he blinks a few times for his vision to adjust.

Letting out a groan, he pushes his weight up with his hands and sits up, taking a look around. He rubs his forehead with his hand, his headache still painful.

Taking a quick look, he realizes he's inside his room, at the dorm. Memories slowly flash back and he remembers arriving at the dorm and immediately laying down, he remembers Suho and Baekhyun whispering and having a low conversation above his head.

"Aish" he curses under his breath, rubbing his temples. He checks the time on his phone, it's now late in the morning.

Letting out a deep sigh, Chanyeol stands up on his feet and leaves the room.

He hears muffled voices coming from the kitchen and he lazily walks there.

As soon as he arrives he hears Baekhyun's voice "Oh Chanie Chan! You're up"

"How do you feel?" Chen asks him, taking a large bite of a toast.

Chanyeol walks to the fringe, he grabs a bottle of water and takes a seat "My head hurts" he winces in pain, ruffling his messy hair with his slender fingers.

Chen raises his brows, amazed "You still have a headache?" he turns to Baekhyun and he shrugs his shoulders.

They observe him finish half of the water in one go and then leaving the bottle on the table before letting his head fall heavy in his hands.

Baekhyun puts his breakfast aside and holds Chanyeol's shoulder "Chanyeol, are you alright buddy?"

"I will be when I realize what happened" he groans and the other two look at each other.

"What-" Chen was cut off by Baekhyun's gesture. He shakes his hand and makes a motion with his hand to leave it up to him.

Chen obeys. He stands up and quietly leaves the kitchen, taking his toast with him and stealing some of Baekhyun's fruit making him grimace.

Baekhyun makes sure that no one's coming before speaking "Chanyeol, we're alone you can tell me"

Chanyeol raises his head and looks around, confirming Baekhyun's words.

"I'm confused, what happened yesterday? Why did you almost faint?" he gives the taller a puzzled look "You looked great before and after getting on stage. So why...."

Chanyeol sighs, trying to remember every detail "I was talking to some friends when I saw..."

Hesitant, but still determined about what he saw he manages to continue his words "I saw Ji Young in the crowd" he makes a small pause, "I must have gotten really shocked by seeing her"

"Are you sure though?" Baekhyun looks at him with worry "like, one hundred percent sure? Last time you thought you saw her it turned out to be someone else"

"It was her! Baek.." Chanyeol hits his fist on the table, desperate "I saw her. She was-"

He suddenly freezes, his eyes open wide as he remembers one thing and Baekhyun feels more impatient as every second goes by "What...what?"

Chanyeol eyes him, his brows furrow in realisation "She was with someone else! A man, around our age" he shakes his head "I didn't pay attention to him but I don't think I've ever seen him before"

Baekhyun remains calm, although his heart races at the thought of seeing her again "Who could it be? Maybe he was an artist too?"

"I have no idea" Chanyeol frowns, both confused and shocked. He stares at the surface of the kitchen table, determination appears on his sharp gaze while he squeezes the silver ring on his necklace inside his palm "but I think we'll find out today"