26."Closer"

"Ji Young?"

Ji Young's eyes open wide as his hand uncovers her head.

Chanyeol stands above her, staring into her eyes.

They both stay silent, unable to find the right words to say.

After what feels like ages, Chanyeol manages to speak "Gwenchana?" his eyes check her from head to toe, worry appears on his handsome face.

"U-uh" Ji Young nods, quickly sitting up "geokjeongma" (don't worry) she lowers her eyes.

He follows her gaze, he sees the bandages on her ankle.

He lets out a breath of relief, guessing that it's not something serious and he takes a seat on the edge of the bed beside hers, still close to her "What happened?"

"I...kicked something and sprained my ankle. It's not that serious" Ji Young peeks at him before looking away again, feeling her cheeks burn and her heart beat fast.
'He looks so worried'

Chanyeol sighs. He leans closer and softly brushes his fingertips on the bandages, tickling her skin "Clumsy girl. You haven't changed a bit"

At the sound of his old nickname for her, Ji Young feels warmth inside her chest. She places her hand on her chest, trying to calm down.
'Calm down heart'

She then carefully pulls her leg away from his touch, clearing her throat "I-I said it's not serious. You don't need to worry"

Still, Chanyeol can feel his heart break at the sight of her being in pain. He pulls his arm back, decides to give her space.

He takes his cap off and runs his fingers in his messy hair.

Once again silence surrounds the two of them. It feels awkward being alone together.

He finally looks at her, he can't help but think that right now, in her comfy clothes and without wearing any makeup, she looks even prettier than last time. He remembers seeing this view everyday when he woke up, he remembers seeing this image of hers walking around their apartment, he recalls seeing her like this when she prepared breakfast for him in the small kitchen, or when she brushed her hair in front of the square bathroom mirror. And how shyly she would smile whenever she caught him staring at her.

Ji Young gulps down the growing lump in her throat, feeling his instese gaze on her "I'm really okay"

Chanyeol smiles bitterly.
'Why can't we be like before'

He sighs, standing up and taking a seat on the edge of her bed "The girl who called me. Is she your friend?"

Without facing him, Ji Young nods. She stares down at her fingers on her lap, as they play together nervously.

"Who is she? I've never met her before" Chanyeol keeps asking questions, trying to get as much information about her current life as possible.

"She's my roomate. We share an apartment" she directly answers to him "You mean, your new apartment right?"

"Yes"

"That number that she called me from..Is this your new number?"

"Yes"

Chanyeol lets out a dry chuckle. His eyes stuck on her "You tried really hard to leave your old life behind huh?"

Ji Young's lips get pressed into a straight line, she slowly starts to get annoyed by his attitude and constant questioning. But she remains calm. Never making eye contact.

She hears him sigh for the millionth time.

"Your friend said that I was your only other contact. Why did you keep my number if you wanted so bad to keep me out of your new life?"