70."Almost Perfect"

The days went by peacefully for everyone.

Summer is slowly coming to it's end, it's still warm during the day but at night there's a cool breeze that people enjoy by sitting on their balconies or by taking walks.

It's late afternoon and Chanyeol is at the company recording studio with Lay, working on something together.

Lay is adjusting the beat accordingly to Chanyeol's suggestion, the taller is standing next to him watching his work.

While his eyes are focused on the screen, his mind is traveling elsewhere. He thinks of her, he always does but right now he's not just missing her face. He's thinking about their plan.

'Everything seems to be going well so far' Chanyeol thinks to himself, 'That jerk, her father spoke to her about how he can help us but i still don't trust him. I hope she doesn't suddenly feel like he's going to be a good father and trust him blindly. That piece of trash-'

"Chanyeol? Chanyeol!"

"Huh?" He was suddenly brought back from his thoughts as Lay called out his name. He looks at him, also hearing a buzzing noise "Your phone is ringing, won't you pick up?"

"Oh yeah right" he quickly grabs his phone and checks the caller's ID. To his surprise, it's Ji Young.

He picks up "Hey! What's up? You don't usually call during-" he is careful of how he addresses her since no one knows he and Ji Young are back together except for Baekhyun and Minji.

He was cut off "Chanyeol can you come meet me?! Please I know you're working but..."

His eyes fall on Lay who's looking at his with wide eyes. He just then realizes how serious his expression got.

He quickly excuses himself out of the room, telling Lay that he can continue on his own. He closes the door and turns his full attention on her trembling voice on the other line "Love, what's going on? Speak slowly so I can understand"

"Chanyeol I'm scared I'm so scared" he hears sniffing and clicking of heels on concrete. She must be running and she's definitely crying.

His hearts is beating so fast but he tries to remain calm, rushing to the parking lot and completely forgetting about his work with Lay "What happened? Nevermind just tell me where you are I'm on my way"

She takes a few seconds to answer, she's thankfully not too far from where he is.

"Please be quick" was the last thing he heard before throwing his phone to the passenger seat and stepping on the gas.

[...]

He leaves the car in a rush and follows her directions to make his way through the small alley. The sky is getting darker with every passing minute and the street lights haven't turned on yet so it's hard for him to see clearly.

He was starting to grow impatient and he was about to call out for her when he felt something on his sleeve pulling him to the side.

It's her.

"Chanyeol" her voice is hardly audible as she immediately hides her face in his chest, hugging him so tightly that he has to pull her slightly away to see her face "Love? What's going on why-"

"I was asked to meet him" She lifts her head. Even though it's dark, he notices the way her cheeks are shining wet with tears.

His heart drops to the ground and his hold on her shoulders tightens. He tries to remain calm for her not to get even more upset "Did they tell you the reason you have to?"

She shakes her head quickly, more tears leaving her eyes "I'm so scared Chanyeol. What if he found out about our plan?"

'Could that trash her father have betrayed us?' his jaw clenches but his eyes are sweet while looking at hers. "I'll come with you"

"No! No that can't happen he can't know about you"

"I can't let you go there alone"

"No Chanyeol. You are not coming with me" She has stopped crying and she moves away, crossing her hands "It's too dangerous"

"Ji Young-"

"I said no" she cuts him off, deadly serious. "I'm going there alone"

Chanyeol sighs, running his fingers though his hair.

He then feels a light hold on his free hand. He looks down to see her doll like eyes looking right into his "It's okay. You're here now so I'll be okay"

"How do you know that?" he can't believe how desperate he sounds but there's no time for him to get all shy and embarrassed right now.

Ji Young finally smiles "I actually feel a bit embarrassed now. I called you and asked you to come find me like a cry baby"

He was about to speak but she speaks first "This is new to me. I look scared but the truth is, I'm like this every time I have to meet him. It's just that, now someone other than me knows, I don't know I felt like I needed someone to protect me"

"My love.." Chanyeol brings a hand up to cup her cheek "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you every time."

"You're here now. I'm feeling stronger now" Ji Young's smile is too happy for the situation they are currently in. Her eyes are watery as she speaks again "If he found out-"

"I'll be waiting near the restaurant. That's where you're meeting him right?"

She nods and he gives her a small smile "You're right I can't show up too. It'll be the end of everything we've done so far. But I'll be near by so if anything goes wrong use your phone, call me and leave it on for me to hear everything, if I have to I'll come to get you out somehow okay?"

"Okay" she agrees right away, feeling overwhelmed. She's not alone anymore, now someone is protecting her, he is protecting her. She wishes her mother is watching over him and that she's seeing that her daughter is not alone anymore.

The sound of her phone ringing almost gave them both a heart attack.

"I should go now" She hangs it up and looks at the taller again.

"Alight. Be strong okay? Let's do as we said" He gently caresses her head and she nods, wiping her wet cheeks with her hands.

Their eyes stay on each other for a bit more than they should but it's like that every time they have to leave each other.

They walk out of the alley, hands intertwined right before they have to part ways.

"I love you" She almost whispers to him and he smiles, leaving a kiss on her hand before letting go "I love you"

~~
Let's hope nothing bad happens in the next chapter..

Are you all taking care?! I hope everyone is happy~

Don't forget to vote and comment ♡

~Kate