7."Family"

Kai and D.O. are the last ones to arrive at SM Entertainment.

It is morning, for the chilly autumn weather today is a surprisingly cold day. It's only the start of September, the sun is warm but there's a chilly breeze that creates a cold atmosphere.

The two members enter the company's headquarters and walk straight to the practice room.

"Ah Hyung... Hyung..." D.O. keeps ignoring Kai's whines. He speeds up.

Kai traces after him, he keeps pulling the fabric of D.O.'s coat while he tightly holds his scarf around his neck with his free hand "Hyung... Hyung"

"Aish" D.O. eventually stops and turns around, his expression stoic and his arms crossed on his chest "Stop whining about the freaking weather"

"But it's too cold Hyung! It's too cold!" Kai's brows furrow, he keeps pulling the hem of D.O.'s jacket "Can't you just lend me your padding coat? Jebal!"

D.O. strongly pulls his arm back and escapes Kai's grab "For the millionth time, no" he continues walking "let alone we're indoors right now, why do you need it?"

"It's still freezing Hyung! I'm so cold" Kai lets out a low sob, he starts following him again "Ah Hyung jebal~"

D.O. simply shakes his head in disbelief as he opens the door.

He enters the practice room to find his co-members already waiting for them to start practicing the choreography of their new song. Their comeback is next month.

Baekhyun is sitting on the floor, playing a game on his phone when he notices D.O. walking past him "Oh, Kyungsoo-ah you're here"

Xiumin greets him too "You guys finally came, what took you so long?"

D.O. leaves his backpack on the couch, he almost didn't hear Xiumin's words because of Chen's and Chanyeol's hysterical laughter "Ask Jongin. It's his fault"

"Wae?" Suho asks in confusion as he hangs up a phone call.

They turn around to see Kai slowly closing the door and taking a seat on the other couch, he tightly hugs himself, he still seems to be freezing.

D.O. shrugs his shoulders "I don't know, at home he kept complaining that he felt cold and I hardly managed to pull him out of his bed" He looks at Suho "on the way here he didn't stop whining about the cold either"

"It's not that cold outside though" Xiumin comments and Suho looks worried "I know right? I'll go check on him"

D.O. and Xiumin watch him walk to Kai, both of them still confused at Kai's odd behavior. At that point Chen and Chanyeol start laughing loudly again and D.O. is starting to lose it "Park Chanyeol shut up!" He glares at them "You too Kim Jongdae"

Chanyeol tries to control himself "Kyungsoo-ah, mian. It's just- this cat-" he starts laughing at the video on his phone again and Chen wipes his own tears away.

D.O. sighs and Xiumin chuckles at their silliness. He then points at Sehun and Lay "They don't seem to be bothered though"

D.O. almost smiles at the sight of Sehun and Lay peacefully sleeping on the couches at the other corner of the room. "How can they sleep with all this noise?"

Xiumin lifts his shoulders in response, smiling "They must be really tired"

"Guys!"

They both turn to Suho, he rushes to them.

He lowers his voice "I think Kai is sick" He sounds really worried.

D.O. peeks at Kai, surprised "Are you sure?"