5."Sad Stars"

"It's all your fault Kim Ji Young. Your fault."

Chanyeol takes an other sip of cold soju, he ruffles his hair with his hand and squeezes his watery eyes closed, letting a tear run down his cheek "Your fault..."

He's sitting right outside their abandoned apartment. Devastated. In a fetal position, his back is curved, his head is bowed and his limbs are bent and drawn up to his chest.

The hallway is dark and empty at this hour, late at night, the windows are wide open and the only source of light is that coming from the full moon outside. A light night breeze is entering, caressing his light hair from time to time.

Again, no stars can be seen in the dark night sky. Just like he had said to her;

"That must be a sign. A sign about us being together. Whenever we are happy together, the stars are happy too and shine brightly"
~{Book One: Chapter 54}~

The stars must feel sad for him, as none of them sparkles even the slightest. The sky is empty.

The young man has once again come to his new hideout. After his quick talk with Xiumin, he was going to try to avoid this place and actually ask the driver to get him to the studio but eventually he again found his way back here.

Chanyeol takes an other sip and shakes the empty bottle. He simply leaves it to the side with other two empty bottles and gets an other one out of the plastic bag.

He quickly opens it and takes a huge gulp, the burning feeling of alcohol being his only comfort.

He stares down at the picture of the girl on his phone's screen, "It's your fault I'm like this..."

In the picture, she's smiling. Since they went out to eat very often he can't really remember the day of this picture, not that it mattered. She's  smiling shyly because she felt embarrassed that he was taking her photos while she wasn't looking, but it's a happy and genuine smile just for his eyes to see.

Half of his gallery is photos of her and them together, he never deleted them, not a single one. This one is just his most favourite. 

Putting his phone away, he starts chewing on his lower lip and his eyes well up with tears, he rests his elbow on his knee and supports his forehead in his hand. The pain he's feeling is overtaking him and he can do nothing about it.

"When- when you were here, I could always run to you" he wipes his wet cheeks with the back of his hand "Remember? You once told me that whenever I felt like this I should call you and you would help me out"

He makes a pause to stifle a sob by covering his mouth, "I called you so many times so why don't you answer?"

He takes a few more sips and hides his face in his arm. He feels so disappointed by his own reaction, how powerless he is because of a girl, but still glab that no one is around to see him cry his eyes out.

"Wae... wae wae WAE?!" (Why?!) his muffed voice isn't loud enough to wake the residents up.

'Why did you leave me?'

'Why aren't you coming back to me?'

'Are you doing okay?'

'Are you scared without me?'

'Are you eating well?'

'Are you doing better without me?'

'Did you forget me?'