43."Allies"

After waiting inside their hideout for a few more minutes since Ji Young left the room, Baekhyun and Minji are finally able to leave the bathroom.

Minji gets out first, Baekhyun quickly follows her.

She suddenly turns around, her eyes fall on his "What should we do now?"

Baekhyun sighs, not taking his eyes off her. He just now met her, but he can already read her like an open book.

She looks calm, strong. She's not the usual type of girl, she's unique like Ji Young. But the two girls are completely different from each other.

Ji Young is more emotional. She's strong when things get hard and thinks a lot before doing or saying something but she's not good at hiding her emotions well.

Minji, on the other hand. This girl has a powerful, almost arrogant character. She acts before she thinks, she doesn't let anyone bring her down. And she's really good at hiding her true emotions.

If Baekhyun wasn't that observant, he would have been easily fooled by her relaxed and calm image. But he knows how to read people's body language, and he quickly notices how her bare foot keeps tapping nervously on the floor.

Bringing his eyes upwards, he just now notices how pretty she actually is. Her short, damp, blonde hair is covering the edges of her round face, her skin looks soft and pale. Pink cheeks and smooth lips decorate her small face, but what draws his attention the most is her brown eyes. He can see flames burning inside them, passion and energy all at once.

Her slim body is well covered by the white bathrobe, but he can still make out her fine curves.

"Ya"

Her voice suddenly snaps him out of his thoughts and his eyes flash to hers again. She gives him a confused look "Didn't you hear me?"

"I-I heard you" Baekhyun unintentionally stammers, making sure that the towel is still tightly wrapped around his lower part, feeling somewhat emmbarssed that he's showing so much skin to a girl he just met "I was just thinking"

"Yeah think faster because she will start looking for us" Minji scoffs, crossing her arms and Baekhyun decides to ignore her sassy attitude "Alright, for now let's just act like we dont know anything. I'll try to get more information from her, you should do the same later"

"Okay" Minji nods in agreement, "but try not to get caught"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, resting his hands on his hips "I won't, boss"

"Hey, this is serious" Minji's brows furrow, she lowers her voice "We don't have any idea what Ji Young is hiding from us, but to me that phone call seemed scary"

Baekhyun can't help but agree with her. He was already worried about Ji Young's secret, now he's even more.

"We'll be in touch. You can find my number on Ji Young's phone"

Minji nods and he continues "Now go to your room, I'll show up first and you'll come out later so that it doesn't look suspicious, you understand?"

"Of course I'm not dumb" she rolls her eyes and walks away, Baekhyun bites his lips as he tries to control his temper.
'This girl is driving me crazy'

He waits for her to leave the room. He watches her walk to the door and hold the door handle but she suddenly stops.

She slowly turns around and looks at him "Oh, um...thank you, for trying to protect me from slipping earlier"

Baekhyun looks at her, taken aback. It's the first time she's being nice to him "Oh, don't thank me I just did the right thing" he brings a hand up to nervously scratch the back of his head.