73."The Begging Of The End"

Family.

A word that holds so much meaning. A group of people that are united and support each other in hard times. Mother, father, children. They all have each other in both good and bad moments, they fight, they make each other laugh. A family is something important and should be respected.

Since she was little, Ji Young was confused about the meaning of the word family. One day she went home from school, having learned the word family that day. The teacher said family is people who are connected to each other and stay together under the same roof, that these people love and support each other and that everyone has a family.

Ji Young disagreed with her teacher. "What about the kids who live in the orphanage?" she asked the teacher. The teacher seemed a bit surprised by her question but she smiled again "The people at the orphanage are their family"

Little Ji Young went home that day with her mind filled with thoughts. So everyone has a family, she thought and a small smile formed on her lips. She felt happy and relieved knowing that even the kids at the orphanage are not alone.

At home, the situation was the same as always. Her mother was at the kitchen, cooking, her father wasn't with her but Ji Young knew were he was. She felt excited by the delicious smell of her mother's cooked food.

Her mother greeted her with a warm hug. She quickly asked to know how was her day at school, after that she kissed the little girl's head and told her to go wash her hands and get ready to eat.

Ji Young did as she was told. On her way to the bathroom, she passed by the living room. The TV was on, playing loudly. As expected, her father was there.

She could only see the back of his head, he was sitting on the couch facing the loud TV. Ji Young took some small steps closer, she walked around the couch to find her father sleeping.

She also counted the bottles of alcohol around him. one, two, three, four, five! Her teacher would be proud.

Ji Young lift her eyes to her father's sleeping face. He was unshaved, his short hair was a bit messy and his tie was undone, hanging around his neck.

She felt sad. He was always tired and asleep and she didn't see him much.

Her little hand fell on his. It was much bigger than hers and Ji Young thought it was funny.

Just then a pair of arms grabbed her and lifted her up. Her mother quickly took her away from her father.

"What are you doing?!" she whispered, rushing out of the living room "I told you to go wash your hands"

"I'm sorry mummy" Ji Young apologized as her mother put her down "I just wanted to see daddy"

"You shouldn't wake him up" her mother said, calmer this time "You know he's tired"

"He's always tired..." the little girl pouted her lips, looking down to her tiny feet.

She could feel her mother's eyes on her, she looked at her and saw her sad smile.

"Are you sad, mummy?" She asked, touching her mother's cheek with her small hand. The mother smiled again "Are you happy my dear?"

Ji Young nodded and her mother nodded as well "Then I'm not sad"

little Ji Young smiled happily. Her mother then lifted her up in her hug "C'mon let's go wash our hands and eat!"

"Mummy"