60."Don't Leave Me Alone"

"She's in here" the nurse stops outside a room. She gives them both a serious look, lowering her voice "Please try not to upset her. It'll be good for her to see a few familiar faces but she's still in a critical state. If anything happens I'll be in this room" she points towards the next room.

Chanyeol and Minji nod in unison and with that the nurse leaves.

Chanyeol was about to open the door but Minji stops him by placing her hand on his arm.

He looks at her, confused but before he can ask what's wrong she speaks "I think it'd be better if I see her first"

He opens his mouth to protest but he stops. Giving it a second thought he realizes that she's probably right. She might get upset if she sees him first, the man she's been trying to avoid for so long.

He sighs and moves aside for her to enter the room.

He's been waiting for a few minutes, trying to listen to their conversation but he can't hear a thing. He walks up and down the hallway, waiting impatiently.

The whole time he tries to come up with the best way to greet her as soon as he enters the room. Should he smile? Should he keep a straight face? Should he tell her he missed her? Should he keep a distance or should he give her a hug at least?

Plus, he has no idea what she actually remembers. He has to be careful with his words this time. He's always been acting before thinking as Baekhyun once told him. Right now he has to think twice before speaking since this is a very serious situation.

The door suddenly opens and he snaps out of his thoughts. Minji shows up and her eyes fall on his right away.

She walks close to him "Make sure you don't upset her" she keeps her voice low "Go"

Chanyeol doesn't waste more time and walks inside the room, closing the door after him.

His heart drops.

He always heard people saying that seeing your family or love ones in the hospital room is heartbreaking and it hurts a lot. He now understands these words completely.

His heart breaks at the sight of the love of his life lying on the hospital bed, her eyes closed and her arms on her sides as IV tubing line is connected in her left arm.

He takes a few steps closer and he can now notice how skinny she has become. Her cheeks are sucked in, her shoulders look sharp and her collarbones can be slightly seen underneath the hospital cloth. The color has drained from her face, her long hair are neatly placed behind her back.

He brings a hand up to his mouth, trying to stop his whimper from sounding. His vision is blurry with tears and his legs feel numb but he manages to walk close and take a seat at the chair next to her.

Facing her, he carefully touches her hand with his fingers, almost gasping at how cold her skin feels. His eyes travel up to her face.

For anyone else, being in this condition would mean they wouldn't look well. But Ji Young isn't like that. Even now, she still looks beautiful to him. Long thick eyelashes, smooth lips and long dark hair. Chanyeol can't help but admire her beauty, she's the most beautiful girl his eyes have ever met.

The hold on her hand seems to wake her up. Her eyes are out of focus at first but she soon notices him.

Her brows furrow "C-Chanyeol..?"

"Hey" Chanyeol greets her with a soft smile, making Ji Young's frozen heart warm up.

"How are you feeling?" his voice is low, deep and smooth like velvet and his careful touch on her hand is comforting and reassuring. Ji Young finally feels safe.