47."Hurt By Love"

Minji carefully carries the two steamy mugs to the small living room.

She places one on the coffee table in front of the unexpected visitor "Here, sweet right?"

"Yeah, thanks" Baekhyun smiles at her, taking the mug in his hands while she takes a seat next to him on the couch.

After staying in silence for a few seconds Minji finally speaks "Why did you insist on coming up? I told you Ji Young is-"

"Yeah I know, she's not here" Baekhyun cuts her off, looking down at the dark liquid.
'She's never here when I come'

It's obvious that Ji Young has been trying to avoid seeing anyone she can.

Minji exhales "I don't know what's up with her...she can't avoid me because I'm her roommate but you, Chanyeol, even Han Byeol...she's been so distant lately"

Baekhyun simply nods in response, taking a careful sip of the hot beverage. The weather is slowly getting warmer but the chilly breeze outside makes the warmth of the inside still very welcoming.

Minji frowns, she feels bad for Chanyeol. The poor guy has been desperately trying to meet her friend.

"How's Chanyeol doing?"

At first Baekhyun doesn't know how to answer without making her worry. Truth is, his friend has been struggling a lot. Ji Young's cold behavior is tiring him up, he constantly worries about her and doesn't really concentrate on practicing. It's as if his whole life is slowly falling apart, and Baekhyun can't stand watching his best friend lose every hope he had left in love.

Baekhyun hasn't been much better either. He truly cares for that girl and he also wants to see her. He too missed her, but things aren't as bad with him since lately an new person has eternted his life, keeping him company when she's not around.

"He's struggling...but he'll be okay" he finally answers, giving her a reassuring smile.

But Minji doesn't return the smile. She quietly stares at the handsome boy in front of her, observing the way his adam's apple moves up and down as he sips from his coffee.

Her eyes quickly move away from his neck as he turns to her. Before he can speak she asks him a question she's been fighting hard to never ask "Do you like Ji Young?"

Baekhyun is obviously taken aback by her question. He doesn't answer back so Minji looks at him, her fingers tapping nervously on the white porcelain mug in her hands "You obviously like her. And I'm not talking about liking her as a friend. You have feelings for her don't you?"

"I- that's not true" Baekhyun defends himself, turning his body more to directly face her as she leaves the mug on the table "Oh cut the crap flower boy. I've seen the way you look at her"

"Your whole face lights up when you see her. Even your voice gets softer when you speak to her" Minji rolls her eyes away "you're too obvious"

"And you like Han Byeol don't you?"

Now it's her turn to stare at him, dumbfounded.

"How did you-"

"You should see how your cheeks blush whenever Ji Young talked about him. Tsk" Baekhyun lets out a dry chuckle, looking away.

Minji frowns, leaning forward to see his face "Are you...jealous?"

"What?? No of course not" he immediately turns to her, shaking his head "I'm just saying you're really obvious too kiddo that's all"

"Well you can't read people as well as you think genius" Minji scoffs and stands up, leaving him behind.

She enters the kitchen, she doesn't even know why she left but she just couldn't stay there "He thinks he knows me...why can't he see he's the one that I like?" she whispers to herself, frustrated.

[...]

"Chanyeol....Chanyeol!"

"Hm??" Chanyeol's eyes flicker open and he jumps in his seat. He realizes the group van has stopped moving and the members are already out.

D.O. sighs, hitting him on the arm "Wake up already, we're here"

"Uh, yeah okay I'm right behind you" he taller yawns loudly, removing his cap to scratch his head.

D.O. hesitates to leave him alone. He waits for him outside the van.

When he finally appears the two of them make their way inside the SM Entertainment building.

On their way they stay silent, until D.O. decides to talk "You okay?"

Chanyeol gives him a confused look, taken aback by the sudden interest since D.O. barely ever asks him something like that "Me? Yeah I'm alright..why are you asking?"

"I don't know don't make a huge deal about it" D.O. murmurs, walking faster and Chanyeol chuckles at him "I'm okay Kyungsoo. Just haven't been sleeping well lately"

He's certainly not okay.

They soon arrive at the practice room, finding everyone already warming up.

Chanyeol and D.O. part ways as the taller walks to the couch at the corner of the room. He drops his backpack and opens the mini fridge, crouching down.

He turns to Suho "Hyung! We don't have any cold water?"

Suho turns to him, pointing towards the other fridge at the opposite corner "I think there's some in there"

Chanyeol sighs, closing the fridge door. He then walks across the room, to the other resting area.

Baekhyun and Sehun are lying down, chatting while looking at something on Sehun's phone.

Chanyeol simply walks straight to the mini fridge, not in the mood to talk.

Recently he hasn't been in the mood to do anything.

He indeed finds a few water bottles and grabs one, quickly making his way back to his spot while taking a few sips.

He sits down, heaves an other sigh. He looks around, this place feels like his second home but he's so sick of it.

He doesn't want to be there. He doesn't want to spend an other seven hours practicing the new choreography and then go straight home to fall into a sleeping comma. He doesn't enjoy being there, no matter how much he loves spending time with his group members, he doesn't want to be there right now.

He lowers his head to the floor, his fingers reaching up to the height of his neck to search for something underneath the collar of his hoodie.

He takes the silver ring out and stares at it, the metal feels hot in his hands.

He smiles bitterly.

He doesn't want to be there. He wants to go out and find her. He wants to be with her.

She's all he can think about. All day and night. During practice, during dinner, during shower, during his sleep. Even in his dreams she's always on his mind.

"Kim Ji Young" he whispers her name, his eyes tracing the silver ring as if he's seeing it for the first time. This is all he has left. A small reminder of their long gone relationship. Every time he holds it he gets reminded of the night that she gave it to him, on his birthday. He remembers the excitement in her eyes, waiting for his reaction. He can hear her joyful laughter and her smooth voice as she called his name. He can feel her gentle touch on his skin as she put it on for him, how soft her lips felt when he kissed her or how sweet her hair smelled as he hugged her. Everything is still there. For him, it never ended.

Chanyeol is so hurt by love but he simply can't stop loving.

~~
I'M BACK

I missed you guys! I'm still super busy with uni but i finally found some time to update the story!

I know this chapter isn't much but I PROMISE you will love the next two chapters. You've been waiting for a few things to happen for so long and in the next chapters your wishes will finally come true~

Take care everyone! Support KAI's solo debut!!

~Love y'all,
Kate