71."Safe And Sound"

Chanyeol haven't felt this nervous before in his whole life.

He has been waiting in his car for an hour. His fingers tapping nervously on the wheel while his eyes keep moving between his phone's screen and the entrance of the five star restaurant.

He made sure to park in a dark place, away from the streetlights that light up the dark streets. His eyes sometimes observe the bright red and yellow lights that decorate the restaurant. It's obvious to everyone that this place is fancy and expensive, the menu mustn't be affordable to just anyone.

Although his heart is racing like crazy and his stomach feels sick of how worried he is, he manages to calm himself by the fact that they are meeting publicly. She told him that their meetings take place in the private rooms but still it's safe since people can have access to them. It's not like they are meeting in dark deserted places or something.

But of course that's not enough to make the sickening feeling of fear and worry go away.

He checks the time on his phone again. 21:54

Only a minute past since the last time he checked.

Chanyeol heaves a sigh, trying to relax in the seat. He looks towards the restaurant again and to his surprise he sees some figures at the entrance.

He squeezes his eyes, trying to see clearly. He isn't sure who the three black dressed men are but he soon notices Ji Young is with them.

His fists on the wheel clench tightly, feeling his blood boil.

He is struggling to stay still and not run to her and take her away from these people. But he manages to remain calm and curiously observes them having a conversation.

After a while Ji Young makes a bow and the three men part ways, each of them being accompanied by a guard and they enter different cars.

Soon everyone is gone and Ji Young is standing alone outside the restaurant. Chanyeol sees her lowering her head and stumbling to the side, resting her shoulder against the wall.

His hand falls on the handle, he was about to rush to her but he stops.

He sees a few men dressed in black watching her from inside the restaurant.

So he instead decides to call her, just to be careful.

His eyes are stuck on her as he waits for her to pick up. He sees her look for her phone in her purse and soon she answers "Hey"

"Hey" he copies her "Everything alright? You look tired"

Ji Young seems to be looking around as soon as he said that. "You're here? Where are you I don't see-"

"Oh, found you"

Chanyeol smiles, he's pretty sure she can't see his face though "Aren't you leaving now?"

"Yes we'll talk at my place" she begins walking to her car.

"Drive safely" he softly says before ending the call. He waits for her to drive off first and he starts driving a few seconds later.

[...]

Chanyeol hurriedly enters the apartment with his spare key and he was surprised as Ji Young immediately jumps on him, hugging him tightly.

He hugs her back, feeling all the weight of fear and worry leave his body. He feels lighter and much more calm now that she's in his arms.

He unwillingly pulls away as she moves to see him. "How did it go?"