62."Her Happy Ending"

"Take 10'" the choreographer says and everyone sighs in relief.

The music stops and the members finally take a break. The practice room's lights are dim and low since the choreography for the new song they're practicing has a dark concept. This way they can get more into the spirit.

"Hey Baek"

"Hm" Baekhyun answers to Chanyeol calling his name without opening his eyes. He stays still, lying down on the couch at the rest area.

Chanyeol takes a seat beside him, heaving a tired sigh. He brings the cold water bottle to his lips "Are you free after practice?"

"I'm meeting Minji for an hour before going to set" Baekhyun mumbles under his breath. He then opens his eyes "Why are you asking?"

Chanyeol quickly finishes the rest of the water and puts the empty bottle down, wiping his wet lips with the back of his hand "I thought you could visit my studio, I finalized the song"

"Already??"

Chanyeol chuckles, ruffling his messy hair with his hand "Yeah, I've been really motivated lately"

"I heard from Yixing" Baekhyun smiles and sits up to face him "Are you seeing someone?"

At his words Chanyeol gives him a weird look, slightly smiling "No?"

"Alright don't get mad I was just asking" Baekhyun laughs.

He waits for him to ask, looking down at his hands.

Chanyeol's eyes are focused on the bottle between his hands, he hesitates but curiosity gets the better of him "So, how is she?"

Baekhyun's eyes move to his friend.
'This is the first time he asks about her since he last saw her'

"I thought you'd never ask"

"I was trying not to ask but.." Chanyeol doesn't finish his words, he doesn't feel like it's necessary.

Baekhyun takes a moment to think about his words "She's doing pretty well actually" he follows Chanyeol's eyes on the empty water bottle in his hands "She's eating well- even better than before! She gained some weight and her last check-up results were improved"

"She's laughing, she's joking around too"

"I see" Chanyeol whispers, smiling to himself. Relief and peacefulness consume him, his heart feels warm.

'She's doing well. That's all I need to know'

"I'm glad" he finally looks at Baekhyun who's already looking at him "I'm glad she has you and Minji. Thank you for taking care of her"

Baekhyun doesn't quite know how to answer so he only nods with a smile, Chanyeol smiles back. He's glad to see that both of them are doing so well, but he wishes they could see each other again like a few years ago. They would be even happier this way.

[...]

"Ahhhhh yes!!!" Ji Young screams in joy and jumps on her feet, raising her fists in the air "I did it!"

"Oh my God they look amazing" Minji's jaw drops, staring at the steamy biscuits that just came out of the oven "Baekhyun! Come over here!"

"Are they ready?" Baekhyun rushes inside the kitchen and his eyes immediately fall on the biscuits "Oh wow they turned out well!"

"Third time is the charm" Ji Young says with a huge smile, admiring how beautiful they turned out.

Minji stops Baekhyun right before he could grab one and he pouts "Don't! They just came out, you'll burn your tongue"

Baekhyun makes a grimace while she can't see him and Ji Young giggles at his silliness. She then moves away from the table "Go sit, I'll bring them"

"I paused the movie so be quick!" Baekhyun whines and Minji rolls her eyes, pushing him.

Soon Ji Young shows up with two plates with small piles of the delicious biscuits. She didn't even get to place them on the coffee table when both Minji and Baekhyun grab a couple in their hands.

Baekhyun gives Ji Young a confused look while chewing "Are these all?"

"I saved some for Han Byeol and his parents" Ji Young answers, taking a seat on the pillow on the floor and also grabbing one to try. She takes a bite and her eyes widen "Mmh!"

"Ji Young" Minji brings her hand up to cover her mouth since she's talking with her mouth full "Why don't you open your own pastry store?"

"Right! We'll help!" Baekhyun quickly agrees.

Ji Young's eyes sparkle at the idea of having her own store, but she kindly shakes her head "Nah, I already have a job"

"But you love to bake!" Minji and Baekhyun seem to get more excited the more they think about it "And you're so good at it too!"

"Guys" Ji Young smiles shyly, looking at the biscuit in her hands "To be honest I'd love it but, I don't know it's something I don't know much about, you know business and stuff"

'Let alone he would ruin it for me'

"You don't have to worry about it, I know people who can help with that" Baekhyun quickly says to reassure her and Ji Young only answers with an unsure smile "I don't know you guys"

"Just think about it!" Minji pats her shoulder. Ji Young nods and they smile to each other.

Minji then grabs the remote "Okay let's watch the movie now"

[...]

The movie was about to end when Ji Young looks over to her friends on the couch since no one answered her question about the plot.

She smiles to herself, finding the view so endearing.

They have both fall asleep, Minji is resting her head on his shoulder and Baekhyun is leaning his on hers. They are holding hands, covered with a warm blanket and sleeping peacefully.

Ji Young hugs her knees and looks at them with heart eyes. She feels so glad that they have each other, knowing them, they are the perfect match. Seems like opposites do attract well.

She thinks about it, same goes for her and Chanyeol. He is more spontaneous, outspoken and careless while she is more cautious, pensive and hesitant. It's funny how the more different people are, the better they match with each other.

She then looks at the tv screen again, the female protagonist finally seems happy after everything she's been through. She's smiling, leaning against the balcony while the wind is blowing her long hair behind her shoulders and the sun is lighting up her pretty face.

Ji Young smiles, resting her chin on her knees that she's hugging tightly. It's beautiful, how after everything the character still smiles and how she managed get her happy ending.

The movie ends and the closing credits show up.

Ji Young lets out a yawn, checking the time on her phone.

"It's getting late" she speaks to herself and looks over to the sleeping couple.

'Should I wake them up?'

She finally decides to leave them like that and she cleans up a bit before heading to her bedroom.

After a quick shower she slips into her pajamas and goes to bed.

For a while she keeps her eyes open, looking around the dark room, her fingers playing with a curl of her hair.

'I want my own happy ending too'

And with that she knows she's talking about him. Chanyeol is part of that happy ending, as long as he's out of her life she will never achieve it.

But she can try.

~~
I hope you're all taking care! smile a lot!!

Don't forget to vote and comment please!^^

~Kate♡