57."Something's Wrong"

"Close your eyes"

"But Chanyeol-"

"Close them!"

"Okay!" Ji Young laughs and shuts her eyes.

"Alright now give me your hands" his deep voice being her only guidance in the total darkness, Ji Young blindly reaches out her hands for them to soon be enveloped by his. The warmth of his touch is welcoming and pleasing, reassuring her that even if she can't see a thing, he's there to protect her.

"We're almost there" she hears the smile in his tone and instantly smiles back, loving the excitement in his voice. The ground under her feet becomes stable again and she no longer feels the world around her spin. She remembers being so scared to cross the long bridge minutes earlier but Chanyeol showed up to guide her. And they did it.

"We're here. Open your eyes"

Just then Ji Young opens her eyes but all she can see is darkness. She blinks several times but still she can't see a thing.

"Chanyeol??" In desperation she calls out his name, the warmth of his hands is gone along with everything around her "Chanyeol?" she calls his name again and again but there's no answer. He's gone.

"Chanyeol!"

"Chanyeol!"

Ji Young wakes up from her nightmare in the middle of the night. She sits up on the bed, sweat covering her tembles and hair sticking to the back of her neck. She breathes heavily, her heart racing and her cheeks wet with tears of fear.

Just then she hears the door of her room open and hurried steps towards her "Ji Young! What happened?" Minji quickly sits on the bed and wraps her arms around the poor girl "Was is an other nightmare?"

Ji Young stays quiet as she sniffs her nose. She allows Minji to pat on her back but she doesn't hug her back.

She has lost count of how many sleepless nights she has experienced this month. It keeps getting worse every night, similar nightmares where she has to cross a bridge. Sometimes she tries alone and ends up falling off the bridge and wakes up and other times like this one he shows up and helps her cross it, making her feel safe and protected but then he disappears.

'I'm so broken' Ji Young thinks to herself, trying to hold her tears back. Her unstable mental health is starting to affect her and cause her physical pain. Headaches, stomachaches and other light symptoms that she keeps experiencing for days. Alcohol doesn't help anymore either. Food has been so useless and she only eats a small portion because Minji forces her to. No doctor is needed to confirm that Ji Young depressed.

"I'm sorry baby, shh" Minji softly whispers, caressing her friend's hair and back. She bites down her lower lip, a few tears roll down her cheeks. It hurts too much to see that her best friend is in so much pain and all she can do is watch her fall apart.

[...]

The next morning came soon. Minji was in the kitchen eating some greek yogurt when she suddenly hears footsteps.

She quickly rushes to the main room to find Ji Young already wearing a jacket and putting on her shoes "Ji Young!"

"Oh, good morning MJ" Ji Young looks up and smiles at Minji "What's up?"

"Are you..going somewhere?" Minji asks, still surprised to see her outside her room. Ji Young nods, she's smiling but the sadness in her eyes and the dark circles under her eyes only make the smile look bitter "I've got something to do. Have a good day at work!"

"Thanks..." Minji frowns.
'What's up with her? Suddenly she's going outside and she's smiling'

Ji Young opens the door. She was about to take a step outside the apartment but she suddenly turns around "Um, you work till late today right?"

Minji's confused expression becomes more visible "Yeah. Why are you asking?"

"Nothing. I was just asking" Ji Young waves it off with a smile and walks out, shutting the door after her.

"Okay that's really weird" Minji whispers to herself. She rushes back inside the kitchen and grabs her phone.

Her finger was about to press the call button on Baekhyun's contact but she freezes. She thinks for a moment. Is it worth to upset him?

On one hand, Ji Young's sudden change of mood is really mysterious. But on the other hand what's so bad about it? Shouldn't she be happy that her friend is finally smiling and is outside her room? Shouldn't she be glad that she seems better? Happier?

Minji shakes her head and puts her phone to the side to continue her breakfast in a hurry since she's running late for work.

[...]

"Today's shoot was the best!" Lay turns around in his seat to face his group members "That part with the ropes and flying was so fun!"

"Yeah, I don't think Sehun agrees to that" Baekhyun teases Sehun who keeps his eyes outside the window "Look at him he's mad" he laughs and finally Sehun turns to them, his brows furrowed "Stop laughing at me okay? The director said I did well"

"Yeah after like twenty cuts" Chen chuckles and the others laugh while Sehun rolls his eyes outside the van again.

"Hey Chanyeol-"

"Is he sleeping?" Chen asks in confusion but Chanyeol quickly looks at him "Huh? What? What is it?"

"What's up with you today?" Chen wonders, his eyes fall on Chanyeol's fingers playing his the silver ring "Everything alright?"

"Yeah yeah don't worry about it. I'm just tired" Chanyeol gives his friend a reassuring smile which seems to work since Chen soon starts chatting with Lay and Sehun.

Baekhyun turns around in his seat to see Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol catches his eyes and he understands that he's asking him what's wrong.

He shrugs his shoulders in response but his eyes speak otherwise. It's true that he doesn't know what's wrong but something is wrong.

'What's this feeling? Why do I feel like something bad is about to happen?'

He tries to relax in his seat and get some sleep. But nothing works. There's a weird alarming feeling in his stomach. Something doesn't feel right but no matter how hard he tries there's nothing he can think of.

Once at the dorm he quickly takes a shower to calm down. He had just finished drying up his hair when his phone rings.

~~
Bonus chapter! It's really short but it's for the plot~

My exams are over! I'll probably post my new story soon >< please support me a lot!!

Thank you for everything!

*vote and comment please hehe*

~Love,
Kate