20."Panic Attack"

Two months later

It is time for an other grand music show to happen.

Only the most popular groups are participating, it's a grand concert being held by one of the greatest sponsors of South Korea and it's happening in Seoul, the capital city.

Every group was given their own waiting room where the artists had their make-up done and got dressed.

EXO are currently hanging around in their room, waiting for their turn to appear on stage. They are the 5th group in line to perform.

Suho, Xiumin, Kai, Chen and D.O. are all standing in front of the T.V., watching the live stream of the concert. Red Velvet are performing at the moment.

Xiumin and Chen couldn't help but laugh as Suho mumbles some lyrics and secretly dances along to the choreography. He's Red Velvet's No1 fan after all.

On the other hand, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun and Lay are relaxing. Lay and Chanyeol are discussing about music. Lay is currently preparing to release a self-composed song under their label's name and he wants to do good.

Opposite them, Sehun and Baekhyun are giggling and playing with each other, Baekhyun keeps tickling Sehun on his weak spots that he knows so well, teasing him and not letting him rest.

"Baekhyun-ah! Jebal!" Sehun laughs his heart out, pushing him away but Baekhyun keeps annoying him.

"Yixing Hyung"

Both Lay and Chanyeol lift their heads to see Kai standing above them "Can we practice that move again? You know, with the spin"

"Sure" Lay turns to Chanyeol "Later Chan" he pats his shoulder before standing up. He follows Kai to the wallmirror at the other corner of the room.

Chanyeol looks around, trying to find something to distract himself with.

He eventually stands up and walks to the mirror, checking himself.

He leans closer to the make-up mirror, fixing his styled hair.
'Alright Chanyeol. Calm down. You got this'

He moves away, still staring at him reflection.
'You've performed a million times before. You can do it successfully once again'

Chanyeol sometimes gets nervous about performing on big events such as this one. Every member does but there are times that he overthinks about everything and worries too much about making a mistake.

Being famous sometimes suffocates him. He feels heavy and tired to carry the duty of always looking perfect and performing excellently. He's a careless person who wants to live his life freely, with music being a part of it. Being pressured like that sometimes is just too much for him to handle.

Chanyeol takes deep breaths. He has one more reason to worry about how good he will do since for the last few days he's been feeling his throat a bit sore. EXO are performing six songs in a raw today, plus later on he also has a solo piano and singing stage.  He's been worrying about it all week but told no one about it.

Unable to calm down and slowly feeling himself losing it, he excuses himself out of the room, saying that he would be back in a minute and that he's going to get some air.

And that's exactly what he does.

With rushed steps, he leaves the room and closes the door after him.

He looks both ways of the endless hallway. Every two feet there's an other waiting room for an other group, he doesn't even know how many are there. The hallway is empty, a few staff are running up and down keeping everything in control.

He quickly chooses a way and starts walking, trying to clear his mind. On his way he hears muffed voices as he passes by every door.

'Calm down. Breathe'
He reminds himself over and over again, he no longer knows where he's heading to and he doesn't pay attention as his steps become faster. Perhaps his mind is trying to escape.

'What if my voice cracks on stage?'

'What if I forget the choreo?'

'What if I let down my members?'

'What if my fans don't find me good enough?'

He starts to breathe faster, his feet leading him through the hallways of the venue without having a certain destination. He frowns, feeling his mind twisting.

'I can't do it. Not today'

He lifts his hand to rub his temples, never stopping the run.

He starts panicking, he doesn't care about where he is and all he wants is to go outside and ask EXO's driver to take him back home.

'I want to leave. Where is the exit? Where am I?'

Chanyeol suddenly pays attention to his surroundings, his eyes narrow as he feels his mind spinning. He's practically running at this point, no one seems to be around to help him.

'I need to get out. I need to leave now'

He keeps listening to the voice in his head ordering him to get out but he only panics further more as he's unable to find the exit, or any other familiar place.

"I can't do it" Chanyeol lets out in a whimber, holding his head with both his hands and running "I can't-"

"Ugh!"

He falls on the ground with force, totally shocked as a figure suddenly appears from the corner and blocks his way.

He stays down, on his knees and supporting his upper weight with his arms on the floor, breathing fast. Not paying attention to the person watching him.
'Breathe. Breathe.'

"Chanyeol?"

At the sound of that voice, his breathing stops and he freezes at the spot.
He already knows it's that girl.

~~
Hey guys!

Chanyeol is having a panic attack. A person just appeared.
-Who is it? Will they help him?

Stay safe everyone! See you soon

~Love,
Kate