69."My Enemy's Enemy Is My Friend"

Ji Young is utterly shocked. She imagined this moment a million times, made different scenarios in her head and tried to guess what kind of conversation she could have with the man that made her childhood a nightmare.

He never hit her. No matter how drunk he got he never touched her. But that wasn't the case for her poor mother.

His deep breathy laugh draws her attention back to him. He is smiling "Woah you...you grew up so much! I hardly recognize you"

She doesn't know how to respond.

He seems to realize that she's feeling uncomfortable. He raises his brows, rubbing his short hair with his hand "Have you...been well?"

"You're seriously asking me that?"

The old man freezes.

Ji Young's looks up to the ceiling, blinking a few times to stop her tears from falling. Her fists are balled on her knees as she hardly finds the strength to look at him again "Because of you...my life is a mess because of you"

"You are the cause to my unhappiness" her jaw clenches and her eyes are watery as her voice trembles "Whether you're locked up in here or free outside. You are nothing but a burden to me finding happiness"

She then stays silent, her eyes glued on his.

The old man doesn't seem bothered by her words "Well, what brings you here today?"

Ji Young's jaw drops. She feels disgusted "You...that's all you have to say to me?"

"What else do you want me to say then?" he shrugs.

"I don't know maybe ask for my forgiveness? or at least show some regret??" she leans forward "You haven't seen me in years and you just act like nothing happened?"

"Dear, listen here" He suddenly seems serious, bringing his hands together to rest on the table "I've never regret a single thing I did. You think because I'm in here I would change and feel guilty? That's not my case"

"The reason you're still alive-"

"I know you're protecting me"

Ji Young looks like she lost the world under her feet.

The old man on the other hand seems unmoved "But I never asked you to do so"

"You're unbelievable" Ji Young lets out a dry chuckle in disbelief.

"You see," the man continues "I never really understood the reason why you're doing this though. Is it because we're family? Maybe because you love-"

"Don't you dare think that I have feelings for you. You disgust me"

"Then dear, please be a lamb and help me understand your motive. Why are you doing this? Why are you sending me cards on my birthday and every Christmas?"

Ji Young takes a moment before she responds "Let's just get to the point. I'm here because I need a favor"

"A favor?"

The man starts laughing his heart out "A favor? From me?" he seems to find her words hilarious.

She waits until he's stopped laughing like a lunatic and speaks again "In return of me keeping you alive all these years, I want you to help me take him down"

"You think I would be in here if I haven't tried that already?"

"This is nothing like what you tried to do. This is my own plan, you will follow my orders"

"Dear, I don't think you're being serious enough about this-"

"I have a partner."

Her words seem to surprise him and Ji Young already feels more confident to see him taken aback "We have a plan. It can work but I'll need your help"