41."It Will Be Okay"

"Baek-"

"I like you"

Ji Young freezes, unable to speak she just stares at him with wide open eyes.

That's when Baekhyun finally doesn't hide his tears, his voice remains low and calm "I like you Kim Ji Young, a lot"

"Baekhyun you don't look so well" she quickly brings her hand up to check his temperature but he suddenly grabs her wrist, making her stop and look directly at him.

Drunk and in pain, Baekhyun can't hold it anymore. He feels like he's about to explode, the words come out of his mouth without much effort as his mind is numb, he can't think straight "Ever since the first time I saw you, I have feelings for you"

Ji Young can't say a word. Her jaw drops, she doesn't try to stop him. She's too shocked to do anything at the moment.

"I wanted to make a move but he was first" Baekhyun's voice comes out in a whisper, he seems so hurt, a few tears run down his slim cheeks "It hurt, seeing you two so happy together. Why. Why did he get you first? Out of all people why my best friend?"

"I tried to get over my feelings for you. I did my best. But God damn it I can't"

He lowers his head, letting go of her wrist. He looks devastated.

Ji Young feels her eyes burn with tears as she watches her closest friend being in so much pain, because of her. She carefully holds his shoulder "Baek you're drunk you don't know what you're saying-"

"I never forgot about you" he looks at her again, crying "All this time you were gone, do you have any idea how worried I was? Do you have any idea how selfish you are??"

"Baek-"

"You left us. You left me!" He suddenly snaps, looking furious as the alcohol blurs his thoughts "One day you were there and the next you were just gone. Why did you leave? It hurt too much to see you with him but it hurt even more not seeing you at all"

He then stops shouting, his tired eyes widen at the sight of her tears "Oh no, Ji Young I'm sorry don't cry" he immediately forgets about his anger and only focuses on her, cupping her small face with his hands and gently wiping her tears way with his thumbs, careful with every move in fear of hurting her further more "please don't cry, I'm sorry"

"No Baek, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you" Ji Young holds his hands in hers, squeezing them "All I do is hurt people but you guys don't know the whole truth-"

"Then tell me-"

"But I can't risk telling you" she lowers her head, resting her forehead on his shoulder. Her inner voice is screaming at her to keep her mouth shut, but she is just too tired of this whole situation. She needs to talk about it, she needs to ask for her but the possibility of putting her love ones in danger is the only thing keeping her quiet.

Baekhyun frowns, he's drunk but he can understand every word she says. He gently wraps his arms around her smaller figure, gluing her body on his and caressing her hair since he knows that this always helps her calm down. And he can indeed feel her body relax, her breaths slowing down.

He knows. He knows she can't tell him. So he respects her need to hide her secret, since all he cares about is being close to her even like this.

"We're both hurt" he whispers under his breath, kissing her head. When she pulls away, his eyes fall on her red lips, he catches himself urging to kiss them with all his power.

He quickly looks away, stopping his drunk self from doing something he would regret later.
'I already screwed up by telling her everything, I shouldn't make it even worse'