Chapter 68

Becca's POV

As I arrived at work at 7 am, I smiled as I walked in and saw Pete behind the counter with two mugs in front of him. I walked over to the counter and sat on my usual stool, laughed.

"Please tell me one of these is for me," I started simply with a slight laugh.

"Do you really think I would call you into work and not have your favourite vanilla tea you have not stopped texting me about because you miss it so much?" He laughed as he passed me my mug.

"This is one of the reasons you're the best boss ever." I laughed as I picked up the mug.

"So what do we need to do before we can finally reopen?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

Well, I'm thinking about taking some chairs and tables outside as they are far too close together in here." Pete simple spoke as he looked around the cafe. I smile and nod in agreement.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan. We might need to close of some booths as well since they are pretty close together." I added, looking behind me.

"Damn yeah, how are we gonna do that without making it look like a crime scene?" He asked, sighing.

"We could always put something in the seats," I said with a smile. I stopped to think for a second before smiling like a dumb idiot.

"Do we still have the Halloween stuff in the back from last year by any chance?" I with a cheeky smile and a laugh laughed. Pete laughed too, but I obviously confused him and didn't see where I was going with it.

"Just the skeletons, the wife didn't want me to bring them home, she finds them creepy," Pete laughed.

"Perfect. How about we dress them up and put them in every other booth to help space them all out?" I said with a proud smile as he just laughed at me.

"And this is why you're my favourite employee." He laughed. "But where are we going to get clothes for them?" He asked, scratching the back of his head a little.

"Shayne should still be back at the apartment, probably awake by now. I can text him and ask him to bring in some clothes of mine for them to wear. I have a few guy shirts that should help make it so it's not just gal skeletons sitting in today." I laughed. Pete just gave me some finger guns as his way of saying good plan and went into the back to find all of our skeleton friends.

Bea: Hey shay, I know this is gonna be weird, but I was wondering if you could bring some of my clothes to the cafe. To make the place look funny instead of a crime scene thanks to social distancing the skeletons we use for Halloween are gonna be sitting in for the next god knows when and we think it best if we dressed them. I should have some dude t-shirts in the box in your wardrobe, they are way comfier to sleep in sometimes so no judging. Anyway, only do it if it's not a hassle for you, I'm sure I can figure out another way to make them look a little less dead and more fun.

Pete came back in with a couple of boxes full of skeletons and put them on the floor next to me before sitting down with a stool in between us. It was a little annoying to move my mask down when I wanted to drink, but it was safer than just not wearing one. We also subconsciously took it in turns drinking, so one of us was always wearing their mask. It was no longer uncomfortable to wear a mask, for me anyway, it was actually kinda nice as people could only judge me by my eyes and not my entire face, which is a lot less stressful. I could also make stupid faces and no one can tell.

We sat and talked for a bit, planning out how we were gonna seat them and working out how many we could put at each booth before we ran out. He talked about paying to get me tested every other week since I was going to be working a lot and he wanted to make sure I'm safe, or if I get ill, I won't get anyone else ill. Thankfully, I got tested a couple of days ago so I didn't need on just yet. It was nice to be back at work and to know that life was going to be a little more like it used to be just a year ago.