Chapter 31

A/N I wanna going to try and make this longer but I did the very British thing of spilling tea on my lapto so I need to let that sit for a couple of days in the hopes that I cleaned/dried it out right so hopefully this is long enough as I hate writing chapters on my phone. I hope you like it!!! Embarrassed hugs B xxx

Rebecca's POV

I was a little shocked when Shayne walked in with burgers and a milkshake from paul's, but I couldn't have been happier. Him just walking in and out of my apartment was just normal now.

I was a little nervous about the fact that he had just heard my new song when I'm not even sure I like it yet. Sadly there wasn't anything I could do about that now. Plus it's not like I was going to be keeping it to myself as I know the guys will want to hear what lyrics have finally been paired with the tune that was stuck in our heads for so long.

I know I must have looked so childish when I made my signature grabby hands at the food but in all honesty I really don't care because all I wanted was the milkshake and God help me if I didn't get it right away. That wrong number text was a blessing in disguise, after all, I still feel bad as he was probably either already asleep or at least going to sleep when I sent it. Time zones really suck.

"THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH!" I said probably way too loudly with a massive smile and a laugh. Shayne shook his head and laugh at me. we sat down on the couch, he was still laughing but I had already taken a massive bite out of my burger. Being a vegetarian had been pushed to the back burner for now as I just didn't feel like cooking and fast food vegetarian food has never been something I enjoyed, plus I really missed this burger. I'm not a complete failure but a few meet products here and there isn't as bad as eating meat every day for every meal like I used to.

"Wow, you really did miss that burger huh." He laughed as he took a much smaller than my bite out of his. I must admit I regretted my choice of bite-size a little bit as I was struggling to chew, but I still think it was worth it. It took me a minute or two to be able to swallow the bite.

"Bit off more than you could chew?" Shayne asked with such a cheesy grin on his face. I just smacked his arm as lightly as I could while I groaned at the terrible pun that he seemed so proud of. His face is what made me laugh in the end which made him look even more proud.

We sat and talked for a while about nothing in particular. We also had a pun off which I can proudly say I won. Don't mess with the pun master. I grew up with a dad with the best dad jokes so I know how to come up with a good pun. Plus Raven and I have pun battles all the time. It started when we were in Secondary school as there was nothing else to do some days and it made everyone around us laugh.

It's days like this that make me feel like my life was getting back to normal, I just hope it stays that way now. I really don't want to go back down that rabbit hole of hell thank you very much.

A/N if there are any mistakes please tell me as again I had to edit/write a little on my phone and God I wish I wasn't a clumsy idiot! 😋 Hugs B... Again xxx