Chapter 3

Shayne's POV

I finished getting all the boxes in my new apartment and as much as I wanted to pack away some of this I really wanted to talk more with Becca. I still can't quite believe that the lovely waitress I met at the cafe was now my neighbour. I decided to go over there a lot sooner than I had said, just because I wanted to know more about her. Plus Damien was coming round tomorrow to help with the rest of the squad.

I was about to knock on her door when I heard a soft piano melody. I then hear the same voice as in the cafe, it was Becca. I had over heard the conversation she and her Uncle had had about her singing. As much as I wanted to talk to her I wanted to hear the whole song. Her voice was filled with emotion and it helped you see the meaning in the song even more.

I leaned against the door frame and got my phone out and recorded the audio and sent it to Damien with the caption, my new neighbour, once it the song was finished. I didn't wait for him to reply I just knocked on the door and waited. I could hear the dogs bark softly not long before she opened the door. She had a smile on her face and the cutest bear slippers on.

"Hey." She said as she let me in. Her apartment was all neat and tidy apart from the coffee table, that was a mess of paper notebooks, a keyboard, her lap top and books.

"So the important question is tea or coffee?" She asked with a smile while pouring what looked like a tea down the sink.

"Coffee," I said in the most obnoxious new york accent that made her laugh loudly.

"That was so bad it was good." She grabbed a random mug from a cupboard. It had a picture of her and what had to be her friends, she laughed softly when she saw what one she had picked.

"So when did you learn to play the piano?" I asked with a smile while leaning against the wall while I watched her make the drinks.

"My mate Matt taught me just over a year ago now I think. It took him a while and he needed a little help from our mate Mikey as I'm a useless student, but we got there in the end. I'm still a little rough though. Did you hear what I just played?" She looked over at me with a smile. She then looked down at what she was doing. "And I thought my day of making coffee for other people was over." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah I did, it was beautiful, you could really feel how you were feeling. Oh and that's all on you boo, you invited me" I replied with a smile causing her to laugh a little, as I said this her dogs came over and just gave Becca the cutest puppy dog eyes. She looked down at them and then up at the clock.

"thank you." she smiled and blushed slightly and then looked down at her dogs. "I guess you two want din dins huh." She said with a smile.

"What are their names again?"

"Pongo the dalmatian because I have an obsession with 101 dalmatians since my dad read me the story when I was 3 and then when we watched the film and the shelter I got both of them from had named him spot which I thought was a little too generic, Pongo's not much better but hey ho. And Otto the Rottie, I liked the name the shelter gave him so I decided to keep it, plus he looks like an Otto." She smiled, she bent down and grabbed two bowls from the cupboard next to the oven and a tin of dog food. While she was feeding them I decided to finish the drinks off.

"I swear they know when it 5 because they always come up to me with those bloody puppy dog eyes of theirs." She joked, she was about to get the milk out when she saw that I had already finished them. "Such a gentleman in the end." She joked with a smile while grabbing her mug.

We walked over to the couch and sat down. Well, I did she put her mug down and then picked up the keyboard and put it back on the stand next to her bed. She walked back over sat down and grabbed her tea again taking another sip.

"So Mr Topp, whats life like as a YouTuber/actor?" She asked with a smile and curiosity.

"Insane, I mean I make a living making a fool of myself," I answered with a laugh.

"You're lucky, I mean you work hard and all but you have your mates there with you, I'm stuck with my uncle." She laughed.

"Hey, it could be worse."

"True." She said this with a sigh and like there was a story behind it, but I wasn't going to push her, I mean I literally met her less than an hour ago.

"So what do you think of LA so far?" I changed the subject.

"Insane, everything is so expensive here, I mean this is about 3x the price of my place back home and that was a 2-bed house for Pete sake. But the weather and people make up for it. I mean It's so sunny and it hasn;t rained once, I think I'm beginning to miss it."

"WHAT, God can I move there, I'll deal with the rain."

"You wouldn't last a day there."

"Why would you say that?"

"First every girl I know, bar a few, would throw themselves at a pretty boy like you. And you too nice you would be torn apart by the guys there no amount of muscle will help you there. You just wouldn't fit in." She laughed.

"You seem pretty nice and from what you told me of your mates so do they."

"Yeah, but we were a group so we had back up. Plus I can be a mean ass bitch when I need to be." She said this with a smile but with a hint of seriousness.

"I wanna see that."

"I'm not too sure you do. So how come you moved here?" She asked while putting her mug that was now nearly empty down onto the coffee table.

"It's closer to work and it's cheaper since my old place racked up the rent. And hey it's a way better place."

We carried on talking for ages and lost track of time, we ended up ordering pizza and at one point I had to go back to my place to feed the cat. It was just so easy to talk to her and she had the best sense of humour too. It was hard to believe we had been talking for 4 hours.

Just as we started laughing our heads off when her laptop, which had been turned on to play music at one point but stopped god knows, started making noise. She was getting a skype call.

"sorry, my mates made a promise when I moved out here that one of them would call at 9 every night, even though it means getting up a 5." She said looking over at her laptop. She was smiling a little and I knew I couldn't stop her talking to her friend, especially since I was 5 in the morning over there.

"It's fine, You won't even know I'm here." I smiled grabbing a slice of pizza that was starting to go cold. She smiled at me before grabbing her laptop and answering the call.