Chapter 64

A/N You can all thank @cromchycatto for this chapter as she reminded me that I actually write this thing. And you can blame writers' block and Julie and the phantoms for me forgetting I write. you should watch the show though, nothing makes me happier than those 3 ghost dorks. 

Third-person POV

Returning to Shayne's with only one dog hit Becca like a tonne of bricks. She flopped onto his couch and just stared at the ceiling while Otto laid down by the door, looking depressed to not have his buddy with him. Shayne looked at the pair, both of them checked out of reality and it broke his heart. He'd never seen her like this before. She looked so heartbroken, and he had no idea how he could help. He saw Becca's phone on the table by the door and picked it up, hoping that she didn't change her passcode so he could message Raven, hoping she would have some idea of what to do.

He smiled sadly when the passcode was still the same; it was 2018, the year they met. He teased her about it at first because he didn't think it was a safe password, but when she told him why he stopped.

Bea/Shayne: Hey Rae, it's Shayne. Look, I know you know what's going on as Ian told me he told you but I need your help. Bea so broken and sad and Otto looks like his entire world has crashed and burned and I don't know what to do to help.

Rae: My poor babies!! Get them into bed, wrap them up in a million blankets. Get her laptop and play season 4 of the great British bake-off, it should still be available on Netflix in the US. She's gonna need tea and hopefully, there should be some toffee popcorn in that care package of her's.

Shayne: Thanks you're a lifesaver.

Rae: You gotta get her talking about dumb stories about him. She's gotta laugh, she's gonna cry, but she needs to laugh. She got a cat called mittens when she was 3. Mittens died just before Bea turned 16. Bea went over the deep end. Her pets are her children, she loves them with all her heart. Pongo help her when she was at her lowest. He helped her feel safe when in a sense she wasn't. Otto's gonna be just as broken, so you gotta make sure he's ok too.

Shayne: Shit. Right, thank you I betta go.

Rae: Take care of my babies, Shayne.

Shayne put the phone down and went straight to his room and pulled back his duvet. He went back into the living room and picked up Bea. She didn't fight him, she just went with it. She felt like she had no energy left. As he placed her into his bed, she closed her eyes. Next thing she knew Shayne was huffing a little. As she opened her eyes, she saw he was carrying Otto. As he placed him down next to her, he huffed once more.

"You need to go on a diet." He joked as he patted his head. Bea looked up and laughed at him, tears falling as she did so.

"That can start later, though." She agreed with him, making Shayne smile. She laughed as he covered them both up with the duvet.

He was gone for a few minutes and Bea just sat there and hugged Otto. Part of her did wonder what Shayne was doing but she didn't have the energy to care.

When he came back in she couldn't help but smile even if she was heart broken. He was holding a tray that had two cups of what could only be a tea for her and a coffee for him. As well as two bags of toffee popcorn and her laptop, that was open and had Netflix loaded up.

"Is that the Great British bake off?" She asked as he placed the tray oh his beside table and handed her a mug. "Thank you. " She whispered before she took a sip.

"I used your phone to message Rae and ask for her advice on what to do and she insisted that I do this and I'm not gonna question the woman who's known you 20 years." He smiled as he joined her in bed. Bea instantly cuddled up into his side and laughed lightly at what he said.

"You can always rely on her to know what to do." She muttered as she shook her head softly.

Shayne placed her laptop in front of both of them and clicked play. When Otto heard what was playing he popped his head up above the covers so he could see the screen. He made sure that his head was still on Bea's lap as he just needed the comfort of the feel of her heart beat.

"Why did she insist on this series?" He asked as he looked down at her, when he saw she still had some tears in her eyes he kissed her forehead and wiped them away with his thumb.

"It was what I put on the telly back home when I first got them and it made them feel safe and they enjoyed all the food. I also live all the chaos that happens in this season. I mean the amount of drama and mistakes and amazing looking bakes just makes me happy as well. Also this episode is with the salt cake reference that Garret made in that eat it or yeet it video." She spoke as she snuggled back into his shoulder, she smiled at the memory. "Season 4 is basically the season of chaos and I love it."

They sat there watching the show and commented on what was going on. She laughed a little and would smile down at Otto periodically throughout the episode, kissing the top of his head when she got nervous for a baker even though she had watched the episode a million times before.

Shayne one he needed to get her to talk but he didn't want to disturb her as she seemed happy and calm. He knew he had to get her to talk about him and remember all the good and fun times but he just didn't know how to bring it up without upsetting her.

A/N sorry this took a while, I had most of it written but then there was some problems with my health then my relationship that I needed to work out with my boyfriend, we nearly broke up but thankfully we just needed a long honest chat and when I say long I mean long I think we talked for something like 3-4 hours.

Anyway I'm finishing this off as I babysit, thankfully I can still work during lockdown 2 as his mum is a nurse. The point I'm trying to make is that this chapter may not be as polished as normal so I hope you don't ming.

Anyway I'm hoping to take part in nanowrimo, even though I'm starting a week less. So hopefully I'll be updating this slot this month.

Massive socially distanced hugs Bea xxx