Chapter 26

A/N I'm sat next to a rather sick child so if there are any mistakes that is why. Anyway i hope you like this cha6and I hope I don't get sick toom

Becca's POV

I walked back into my apartment building feeling very melancholy as Raven had just gotten on the plane to go back home. It was a hard goodbye, to say the least, and let's just say there were tears shed from the both of us. I was still sorta crying now even though it was an hour drive back, thank got for lift as a taxi would have cost me an arm and a leg. I walked slowly over to the mailbox to see if I had any, not likely but worth a look just in case.

To my surprise, I did in fact have a letter as well as a note saying I had a package from my mum and dad that was collected by Betty. This made me smile a little as it made me feel less alone to know my family is still thinking of me when I'm so far away. It was also the perfect distraction I've been hoping for to take my mind of off Raven leaving. I picked up the two letters that were also in there one clearly being from my brother due to the terrible handwriting and the other clearly from Matt and the others due to the handwriting and the state/thickness of the letter. I smiled as I closed the letterbox and wiped the last few tears from my eyes and checks before heading to Betty's to pick up not only Pongo and Otto but my package too.

Back in my apartment with the boys, who looked sad that Raven wasn't with me as that meant no more 4 am walks and the parcel that was almost the same size as me. There was a letter taped on top of it too, that my mum wrote as my dad was not only a slow writer and a terrible speller, his handwriting was worse than my brothers, meaning the poor person in the post office wouldn't be able to read it at all or spend 7 hours trying their hardest to do so. I hung my jacket on one of the pegs by the front door and put the dogs leads on the other, I took my shoes off and put my new comfy slippers on that me and Raven bought yesterday as when we saw them we just HAD to buy a pair of.

Lilo and stitch was our favourite film growing up and it still is to this day

Lilo and stitch was our favourite film growing up and it still is to this day. Along with some horror films too though, I mean we did grow up even if we don't act it sometimes. There was something about the fact that Lilo wanted the weirdest and ugliest to some people, not us, "dog" in the pound when other people would have left him there because of that. As well as how there wasn't really a love interest for her as you know, she was a kid. We could just relate to it as kids and we watched it anytime we were at each other's houses and I think our parents hated us for it, but we both know they enjoyed it too, even if they didn't want to admit it. Also, how could you not buy them, they are so frigging cute and comfy it's unbelievable. I mean they are next level comfy to walk in and just wear.

I decided I would read the letters first before opening the package as it was heavy and I didn't want to move it again for a while and to be honest I felt like reading. I started with my brothers as I knew it was gonna be a struggle so might as well get it over with.

Becca,

I'm hoping this comes the day Raven leaves as I know you're gonna want something to take your mind of off it and well this just might do it. I know you love it when I gossip, if that's the right word for this because I don't do it often and it always makes you laugh so here goes

I have a GIRLFRIEND, yep you read that right, I finally met someone.

I couldn't help but laugh at the way he had written it and how excited he was when he wrote that, he's such a dork.

I know you would love her, she has a cat and is just as much into films and music as we are. She's also just as competitive as us too, which means that either when we visit you, or you visit us Monopoly is gonna be fun, along with any other board games you two wanna play as I know you'll team up on me. I've sent you a picture of her and her cat as I know you'll want to see both, probably the cat more than her if we're honest.

 I've sent you a picture of her and her cat as I know you'll want to see both, probably the cat more than her if we're honest

I looked at the picture of them and smiled not only was she stunning but the cat was all black and adorable. I mean come on the cat is looking right at the camera and she is looking at it so lovingly if he doesn't tell me their names I'm gonna kill him.

Her name is Amy and the cat is called Salem and I know you will approve of his name and it is also very fitting because let me tell you, that cat has a whole load of sass. I met her at work and we hit it off right away as we both had star wars much in our hands, like the same one. We joked a little about it and talked with each other for a bit before exchanging numbers, I was actually smooth, I mean when am I ever smooth?

I know I could have talked to you over text or messenger but I thought this would be a nice distraction for you, plus I know how much you love getting letters in the mail so hey it's a win-win for you, and I don't have to worry about your opinion of her till you get this so its a win for me too.

love your loving and caring older brother Josh xxx

P.S Thought you would like the cheesy sarcastic sign-off.

I laughed not only at how he ended the letter but how he described Salem as all I can see now is the cat from Sabrina the teenage witch and all the sassy remarks he would make.

As I put Josh's letter down and I looked at the thick monstrosity from my friends and decided I needed a cup of tea ready before I even think about opening it. That thing looked like it was about 100 pages. Now I think about it I think I'm gonna need some biscuits as well, this could take a while to read. The last thing I want is to start reading this and have to stop to get something to eat as knowing my luck I wouldn't lose my place.

A/N I hope you liked the chapter and I may get another one up but I'm not sure due to the little boy next to me. Anyway  I  hope you have a good day and don't get the bug that this little monster has. 😋 Hugs B xx