Chapter 4

Becca's POV

The night had been a million times better than I had expected it to have been. I was planning on spending it binge watching Red Dwarf to feel like I was back home and probably making a simple meal way too late in the night before going to bed after talking to one of my mates.

But with Shayne here I've felt like I was home. I mean not like in the soppy I'm in love at home, but like I was home with my mates having a laugh. I just felt like I was back home having a laugh and we were waiting for the rest of the group to join us. Shayne was just so easy to talk to and had the best sense of humour in the world.

When Skype started to go off I was kinda sad that we would have to stop talking but at the same time, I really missed all my friends back home so I was also over the moon. I saw that it was Matt calling me, just like every other Monday. When he said that I could answer the call I smiled at him, he was super sweet. When I actually answered it though I was met with a lot more faces than I was expecting.

"HEY SHORTY" The whole gang yelled, which caused Shayne to spit out his pizza laughing. I rolled my eyes as always.

"Who's there with you Becca?" Katie asked wiggling her eye brows moving the screen as if it would actually revile Shayne.

"That's not how computers work hun." I laughed, I looked over at him to see if it was OK if I showed him to them and he nodded, still slightly laughing. "Warning Katie, he can hear you," I smirked before moving the screen over so they could see. He pulled the stupidest face in the world causing me to burst into hysterics.

 He pulled the stupidest face in the world causing me to burst into hysterics

"Seems like he's gonna fit in well around us." Rob laughed, I slid down onto the floor and rested my head on his leg.

"You think I would make new friends that wouldn't fit in with you lot as well," I said laughing a little. "Anyway, what are all of you doing at Matts at 5 in the morning on a Tuesday."

"They heard about the new song you were planning on playing for me and made it clear they had to be here too."

"So basically you lot had a sleepover then" I smirked.

"Well duh, not the same without your commentary on the films though, Rob just isn't as good as you." Hope laughed patting Rob's head a little.

"So are we gonna hear this song or not??" Mel jumped in looking like she was going to die with excitement causing Shayne to laugh a little.

"Just let me go get my keyboard." I sighed with a smile. Getting up was a little tricky, it has been since the incident, I used Shayne's leg as leverage. While I was getting the keyboard He moved the laptop back a little so there was room on the coffee table for the damned thing.

"OK so warning, you all know I'm rough on this thing." I joked while getting back in the web cams shot. I put the keyboard back on to the coffee table.

"Why didn't you write it on your guitar then?" Mel asked.

"I tried, but it didn't sound right, there's something about the way the piano sounds that adds so much more depth compared to the guitar," I said simply. They all seemed to understand what I meant.

I started playing Uninspired. Everyone went silent, listening to the song with all their being. It was a rule that we had made a while back, you had to just sit there and listen to the song and take it all in. Afterwards, you could talk about it and say what you thought and how you think it could be improved. It was just more polite and it meant that the lyrics sank in more.

As I sang and played the song I saw that everyone kinda just sank into each other. They all had this weird smile on their faces. We've all been through a stage where we just felt uninspired with everything we did and just felt like we were alone in the world. The looked as though they found some peace in the song. I smiled a little when I felt Shayne tap along to the song ever so slightly.

"So what do you guys think?"

"That was amazing hun" I smiled at Katie's complement. I yet again leaned against Shayne's leg and listened to all their compliments.Shayne didn't really join in the conversation much, he just listened to all of us talk and go on about music.

"We'd better go Bec, we have work and other shit to do, plus you should probably get some sleep," Matt said looking at the clock on his computer. I pouted a little not wanting this conversation to end. I hated the fact that I didn't see them in person every day anymore.

"I guess, I miss you lot, you now that right," I said with a smile, they hated the idea of me moving out here on my own and part of me feels like they resent me a little for actually going through with it.

"We miss you too, We'll see you soon, OK," Mel said with a smile, I nodded and we ended the call. I looked up at Shayne and smiled a little.

"I guess I should go to, it is 10 and I have to be at the office early for filming," Shayne said while standing up, he held his hand out helping my up, I guess he saw the struggle I had getting up the first time. We said goodnight and he left. I made myself a hot chocolate as they will forever help me sleep.

I walked over to my bed and grabbed a pair of pyjamas from the wardrobe and changed

I walked over to my bed and grabbed a pair of pyjamas from the wardrobe and changed. I looked over at the dogs and remembered that I had to let them out before I could actually sleep. I sighed and grabbed their leads and took them outside, carrying my hot chocolate with me. I stood by the door waiting for them to go taking sips of hot chocolate here and there. I probably looked insane to anyone who saw me but I was too tired to care. Once they were done we went back up to the apartment and I finished the rest of my hot chocolate on the couch watching some random American tv show I hadn't seen before.

I then went into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I looked in the mirror at my bare face, a face that I hadn't seen without bruises in too long. The physical marks he left on me were finally gone. I could look at my body without seeing his hands all over it, without seeing his fists and anger filled face.

when I was done I hopped into bed and cuddled up with the doggos and smiled at the day I had had. It was nice to finally make a mate here, I've been feeling lonely the past few weeks due to the fact I've only had Pete and his wife, Penny. Plus actually having someone on this floor with me was nice too, especially since it's Shayne, that I wasn't expecting.

It didn't take me long to fall asleep, which was still a new feeling for me. When I was back home it would take me hours to fall asleep. having the dogs to cuddle helps a lot too, what can I say, I'm a cuddler.

A/N I have no idea why there aren't that many Shayne Topp shit on here I mean the man is a god for Pete sake. :P Anyway to the few people who are reading this I hope you like it so far because I'm having a lot of fun writing it. :) <3