Chapter 55

A/N I legit found a prompt generator as I was stuck for ideas and thought it would be fun. This chapter is a mix of like 4/5 different ones. I just kept clicking the "give me a prompt" button so it could be more who knows. :P :)

Becca's POV

After the zoom call ended we talked for a little bit before Shayne decided to do a twitch stream just so he could kind of interact with people. He was sat in the chair by the window while me and the doggos were on the couch. He was still setting things up so the stream hadn't started yet.

I'm sat crossed legged with my laptop on my legs listening to the instrumental that I made with my good old guitar yesterday while Shayne was out on a walk with the boys. I had my headphones in and my songbook next to me waiting for me to write in it. I loved the tune but there was something missing and it was annoying me a little. I just can't put my finger on it. 

I threw my head back so I was looking up at the feeling and just sat like that for a little bit, thinking. The demo I made was on a loop I was listening to it trying to think what could be missing, I wanted it to be just my guitar for this song but it wasn't cutting it. There needed to be something else to it but I'm just not sure what. It was beginning to piss me off. 

"You ok there Bea?" Shayne asked looking over at me. That's when I saw my keyboard behind him and it hit me. 

"Not anymore, I hope." I smiled as I put my laptop on the coffee table along with my headphones and walked over to grab my keyboard. 

As I grabbed my keyboard I looked at his laptop and sat that he was streaming already. I must have lost track of time just staring at my laptop and the ceiling to notice he had started. 

"Ah, didn't know you were already streaming. whoops." I laughed. "You lot will be happy to hear that you won't hear me playing thanks to headphones. Although I do have to find my in-ear ones so I can listen to what I already have on my laptop and what I play on this. Been a while since I've done that." I joked, picking my keyboard up and walking over to the couch again.

"I thought you were just going to work on possible lyrics today?" He asked looking over at me as I started setting up and plugging cables in.

"I was, but there's something missing from the backing track, turns out just my acoustic isn't enough." I smiled "I'll try not to mess up to much so I don't get frustrated and disturbed your stream... again." I joked he just laughed as I placed my keyboard on my lap and put both sets of headphones on.

I started listening to what I already had from the start just to see when the best place to jump in with the keyboard and what to play. I hate doing this on my own as it takes a lot longer than when I work with the others. It was fun though, really got me thinking and once I start there's nothing that can stop me till I'm done and happy with what I have created.

As I wrote down the last chord in my songbook along with the corresponding guitar chord I looked to to see Shayne had turned his laptop around so the camera was facing me. I smiled and blushed lightly.

"What?" I asked with a slight laugh.

"Just thought I would show them how cute you are when you're lost in your music." He explained as if it was the obvious answer.

"And why is that?" I asked with a cheeky smile as I shake my head a little. I took my headphones off my head and tool the ones out from my ears.

"They were asking about you and what you were doing." He smiled turning his laptop back around to face him. He smiled at her and looked back at his laptop screen to read a few comments but he didn't reply to any.

"How long have I been In my own world?" I asked with a smile as I stood up and stretched as my legs feeling numb from sitting cross-legged with a keyboard on my lap.