Chapter 23

Third persons POV

        It took the nurses a while to get Shayne to go home. It took Damien pitching in as well to finally persuaded him to go home. Rebecca was okay, for now, but there was a chance she could worsen. And if that happened, she would need to be put on a ventilator and be moved up to the ICU. It was as if death wasn't sure if he was meant to take her away yet. Like the message got lost and he kept changing his mind on what to do.

Even in her unconscious state she felt like she had no control. As if it was being stripped away with every second that she was under. She felt like she was all alone again, even though there were nurses around her almost every moment of the day. There was something different about being in hospital this time, she didn't know the doctors or nurses here. Back in London with the physiotherapy she was at the hospital once a week for over 3-4 months so when he found her and she ended up in hospital again, she wasn't that scared as she knew a lot of the nurses that were around her. She knew all the nurses at the hospital back home as she was in and out of hospital with injuries that he caused. She was good at coming up with excuses as to why she was hurt, so good that sometimes she convinced herself that that was actually what happened. But here she doesn't know anyone, she only knows Shayne and even then she doesn't know him well and he can't be there all the time. Damien came with Shayne but she didn't know him at all really and her friends would have to look after pongo and Otto so they wouldn't be able to visit her often. So it was no wonder she fell unconscious, the idea of being alone most the time must have sent her brain into a tail spin.

The beating from her heart monitor was going at a nice steady beat and her breathing was steady too. Death had given up and decided it was to hard to figure out whether she should live or not and just left her body to see what it would do without him interfering with it. It was like he was a toddler struggling to open a packet of food and had just handed it over to an adult to do.

The nurses started to go in less and less feeling that there was no need to go in as often. She was still unconscious but everything about her vitals were saying she should be awake, this made the nurses go in more than normal but not as often as before.

The truth was, unconsciously, she didn't want to wake up again, at least not yet any way. She didn't want to deal with all the shit that would follow her being awake and actually being able to answer questions about what happened. She remembered it all now, that's the reason she passed out in the first place, it all hit her at once and she just couldn't cope with it all. Her unconscious mind thought it was too much for her to handle and decided to shut down, like a computer that had to many things running all at once, she over loaded and just shut off.

A day out turned into a couple and that turned into a week before she was ready to face things, but at that point the police had no idea where Jake was. His trail had gone cold. Her friends were coming to a point there they would have to go home and life had thrown Shayne a massive curve ball that he had no real idea how to deal with.

All in all life was being the bad guy for once and death was the good guy all because he couldn't make up his god damn mind. 

A/N HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Sorry this chapter feels a little filler like but it's all I had written and right now I'm at work waiting for the kid I look after to wake up and all hell breaks lose. I hope you like it and hopefully I'll have another chapter written by tomorrow. Anyway I better go as it's almost time to wake the demon that is a 5 year old first thing in the morning. 😋
MASSIVE HUGS from me to you. 😋🙂♥️💜💙