Chapter 54

A/N I really need to stop thinking I can write two chapters in one day. I'm rubbish at keeping to it. I'm gonna be honest lockdown has got to me. The weather has been great meaning my fibromyalgia has been at bay pain wise but words and keeping hold of things has been thrown out the window. I dropped my laptop as my hand gave way and I let go without thinking, not on purpose like my hand just stopped what it was doing. You've gotta love that part of fibromyalgia huh. :/ 

ANYWAY on with the long-awaited chapter, hopefully, I won't drop anything on my laptop as I write. :P 

Becca's POV

Shayne and I were sat on the sofa waiting to be let into the zoom call. Pongo and Otto had both somehow managed to fit on it two, both curled upon us. Pongo was squishing me and Otto was crushing Shayne. I felt bad for him, but hey he's the one who knackered the poor dog out. Shayne wasn't complaining, he actually seemed to be enjoying it.

We were on our second cup of tea/coffee since he got back from the walk and both slowly getting very hyper thanks to caffeine, well that and sugar for me as I dived into my box of British wonder to grab a bag of mini flumps because I loved them like nothing else in the world. I mean to me they were the perfect marshmallow. It's fair to say I'm no longer a vegetarian, just someone who eats mostly vegetarian food, better than nothin' guess.

As I shoved yet another flump in my mouth we were finally let in and I was face to face with basically the whole of smosh

As I shoved yet another flump in my mouth we were finally let in and I was face to face with basically the whole of smosh. I laughed and waved hello, which of course made them laugh at me.

"GOD do I miss your snacks Bec." Courtney laughed. I made a mental note to put some stuff aside and send some to her as she really eats a lot of my snacks when she comes over. 

"Sorry I can't be there for you to steal my snacks anymore." I joked as I popped yet another in my mouth before putting the bag on the coffee table to I don't go into a full-blown sugar rush. I mean it's probably too late for that but hey I wanna save some for later too.

"Hey, Bec what are you doing on this call?" Ian asked.

"Thought I would help you guys out with this whole situation as this is how I live my life when I'm at home." I smiled as I wrapped both hands around my cup taking a sip of tea.

"We do need someone with experience in this kinda thing I guess." Ian smiled. that's when my stomach rumbled, like really loudly. Shayne looked at me really confused as he had just watched me eat half a pack of marshmallows. I was also shocked, I mean I know marshmallows aren't that filling but it shouldn't have been that loud. 

"One second," I said as I bent over putting my cup on the coffee table while trying my best not to annoy Pongo and then pull my box of wonder out from under the coffee, table. I could hear them laugh. I looked at the contents for a second before deciding to go for a packet of chipsticks because I've already had enough sugar for today.

 I looked at the contents for a second before deciding to go for a packet of chipsticks because I've already had enough sugar for today

"Right this should shut it up for a bit." I laughed opening the packet. As soon as I did my boys jumped down onto the floor sitting and staring daggers at the packet of crisps. Shayne laughed at them and I smiled.

"So Bec, what are your suggestions?" Matt asked.

"Well, since this is how I socialise but filming things is way out of my domain but we record music so I know for a fact you editors are going to be in hell as you are going to have files from everyone who is involved in the video." I smiled. I shuffled a little in my seat before continuing. 

"Also getting different angles is going to involve a lot of creative structures to keep the phone/camera whichever you guys are going to use. It's going to be weird and hard and you will miss other people being there when you mess up or make a joke but it gets a little easier over time." I say with a small smile.

"How did you do it? Living alone with no one to talk to in person. and not detaching from the world?" Damien asked. I could tell he was worried about feeling alone and isolated, even if he did live with Mark Raub.

"Honestly, at first I did just that. I Detached myself from reality and only talked to people at work about what they wanted." I said with a small laugh. "Then I got sick of not answering my mate's calls/messages and all kinds of communication, they each sent me an email like three times a day, there was no way I could ignore them. Seeing all the messages made me realise I wasn't alone." I smiled, I could see Damien talking in what I was saying and understanding what I went through.

"You may not be able to talk to this lot in person but you're still going to be talking to them face to face. It's weird to adjust, but you will. I hereby promise to send you texts a minimum of 3 times a day to make sure you don't lose sight of reality I'll also make sure Shayne does it too." I smiled 

"Thanks, Bea, I look forward to those messages." He replied, genuinely grateful.

"What about smosh games videos though like how will those types of videos work?" Ian asked, clearly frustrated.

"It's gonna be manic to edit but online games exist and you lot are good at coming up with weird twists to make games a little more fun so you'll come up with stuff. And as for the video footage of you, sadly it's going to be a screen recording of a webcam shot zoom call." I said with a smile. 

"You have to remember that's how you started and got people interesting in you in the first place, you're just reminding them of the earlier videos with everything that you've learned over the years." I laughed. I could see the tension leave his shoulders and I smiled.

Plus Ian, everyone is in the same situation, they get what's going on and have the world has turned upside down, they're just going to be happy to have a distraction for a few minutes a day. Plus you have some videos you've already filmed, just scatter them in here and there spreading them out over time to keep people who care about if the video is HD coming back." It was weird how everyone was listening to me like I had all the answered because I don't. I feel out of place as I'm used to being someone who listens to conversations like this and never say anything back.

In all honesty, I really have no idea if they'll pull it off. But what I do know is they are going to try their hardest to do so. They are going to work on scrips, video ideas and all that stuff together like they normally do just from the comfort of their own homes and over a zoom call. Audio editing using going to be easy and neither will anything that needs to be edited but they will get it done, somehow. They'll work as a team to keep it going just like they did when defy went down.