Chapter 40

Becca's POV

"Ughh, my head." I groaned as I sat up. I just woke up and even though I have a headache, I no longer feel like I'm gonna throw up. I looked over at my bedside table and saw that it was 6 am, I had slept through the rest of the day and all night. Now that has to be my new record.

I looked over to see Pongo and Otto both curled up at the end of my bed

I looked over to see Pongo and Otto both curled up at the end of my bed. I sat there for a couple of minutes petting them while debating if I should go to work. On one hand, I needed the money as this month would already be tight, but on the other, I didn't want to risk getting a worse headache. I know I have to go, I just really wish I didn't.

"Right, you need pills and so do I Pongo so let's go." I smiled at him.

I put my slippers on before walking into the kitchen. That was when it finally hit me, I didn't feed them dinner last night, or give Pongo his bedtime pills. I rushed over to the kitchen cabinet that I keep all my first aid type stuff, like pills, bandages and stuff of the like. That's when I see a note stuck to the front of it.

Hey Bea,

When I came over you were fast asleep so I thought it was best not to wake you. I took the boys out for a walk, fed them and gave Pongo his medication. Hope you're feeling better.

Shayne x

I looked at the note and smiled. How on Earth did I get lucky enough to meet a guy like him? Why is he so nice to me all the time? I mean I'm nothing special, I've done nothing to earn such kindness. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I smile at the note while I grab both pain pills for my head and the ones for Pongo. I boiled the kettle so I could have a cup of tea and got a mug out for Shayne. I have a feeling he's gonna come and check on me.

He's a sweetheart and I love it. I can feel myself falling for him and I don't like it. It didn't work last time I fell for a friend I ended up in the hospital. I just don't want to lose him. I don't know how I would survive in LA without him. I just have to keep my feeling at be because let's face it, there is no way a guy like him will fall for me. God, I should like every chick in fanfics. Yikes.*

Out of nowhere as I fed the dogs, putting Pongo's pills in his food so he will take the buggers, I started humming 500 miles. It's a song I have loved ever since I heard it on tv. I always hum it slower than the actual song though, no idea why I do but hey ho, it's soothing and just helps me relax. I hum away as I make my tea and my boys eat their breakfast. I look at Pongo and I know he needs to have surgery on his hips as soon as I can book one so I make a mental note to call the vet during my lunch break at work. Huh, guess I'm working today then.

"I think I should have some food too boys, I'm gonna go to work today. So doggy daycare for you two." I joked as I grabbed a couple of slices of bread for toast. I'll probably have a blueberry muffin at the cafe as Paul makes the best.