Chapter 65

A/N So this happened to flow out of me today. I hope you like it as it's the reason I could be late for work. :P Massive social distancing hugs B xxx

Becca's POV

Shayne and I had been curled up in bed watching GBBO just losing ourselves in the show. We didn't talk much other than the occasional gasp, NOs and Holy shit, I want to eat that. It was just what I needed, but at the same time I felt off. Like I should do something else.

"Hey, Shayne." I started pausing the episode as it just finished so that the next episode didn't start. He looked down at me with a small smile, I started fiddling with Otto's ears. "Would you mind if we stopped watching?" I asked sweetly, looking down at Otto.

"Of course, but can I ask why?" He asked with a caring but confused look.

"It's gonna sound dumb," I said while letting out a breathy laugh.

"I'm sure it won't." He responded sweetly.

"Well..." I paused for a second to try to figure out the best way to word what I wanted to say. "I wanna write him a song. It sounds stupid, but it helped me a lot when I wrote a song about Jake and he was a complete ass so writing one for one of my best friends that got me through so much was only fair." I shyly state with a small smile. He looks at me for a second before smiling.

"What instrument of yours do you want me to go get, keyboard or guitar?" He asked with a smile.

"No no, I've invaded your personal space enough I'll just do my thing in the lining room, you've already done so much today." I smiled, shaking my head lightly.

"No, I'm not letting you leave this bed today, and I really don't mind. So again, what do you need?" He asked I laughed at him.

"My keyboard and my songbook. But Shayne, you really don't have to do thins." I respond.

"I know, but you deserve to be taken care of right now." He insisted. As he left to go get my things I couldn't help but smile at how lucky I was. I know for a fact if it was Jake here he would have laughed at me and then told me to get my shit together as he was only a dumb dog. I took a deep breath and opened up the soundboard on my laptop.

"M'lady." He laughed as he came back in with my keyboard in hand and my songbook and favourite pen sat on top. Otto moved to the side a little as Shayne placed them in front of me. He was about to leave again when I stopped him.

"You don't have to go. I know I normally write alone, but I could really use your help." I smiled Patting the spot he was once in.

"I've never written a song before, so I'm not sure how much help I would be, plus I don't wanna intrude." He muttered.

"But you can play the guitar and I need help. Please?" I asked with a shy smile, pointing at his guitar. He looked at me confused.

"There's this little melody I would play when fireworks are being set off as Pongo was scared shitless by the banging. He would curl up next to me resting his head on my lap against my guitar." I smiled.

"Then why do you want your keyboard?" He asked, even more confused. However, he picked up his guitar and sat next to me.

"I want to play my piano, it's going to be the main instrument but..." I explained, pausing a little. "Music has always helped me cope, and as much as Pongo was my dog, he's become more and more yours too as the months in quarantine have gone by. It may not work for you but, it's worth a shot." I finished, blushing a little. He smiled at me.

He strummed on his guitar to check if it was in tune, which it was not. He was about to get up and probably find his tuning gadget; I smiled and took his guitar off him and tuned it by ear, something I've learned over the years of playing. I passed it back to him with a smile.