Chapter 69

Becca's POV

the day dragged on once it was open. Time seemed to do a 180 once we had finished decorating/socially distancing the cafe time basically froze. The cafe slowly started to fill up, the regulars were loving the fact that we were open in person again as well as the fact that they could also sit outside. I was so nice to catch up with them and hear what they had been up to during lockdown. 

Pete also gave them a cookie on the house as a thank you for ordering online and keeping the place going while they couldn't actually come into the cafe. They were all thankful and said that they wouldn't let this place go under because it was their favourite place to come and sit and chat. Wearing a mask didn't bother me at all however it seemed to bother some people. 

The number of times Pete and I had to argue with Karens who were wanting to come in without a mask was ridiculous. Thankfully our regulars are like us and don't take any bull shit, and helped us out. Mainly me as the Karens wouldn't listen to me as I'm just a child, they pissed me off beyond belief. There's something about how they only think about themselves and are also so demanding that just make me angry.

Walking Otto back to the apartment was hell. My feet were killing my and my stomach may as well have been a gateway to hell with how much it was hurting. Otto seemed a little happier, which was the only good thing going for me at this point. 

"Finally home, boy, I can't wait to get these hellish things off my feet. I'm such an idiot for forgetting my flats." I laughed slightly bitter. I opened the door to see Shayne stood in the kitchen with two mugs in his hands and a smile on his face. In front of the couch was my foot spa all set up and ready to be used, one of my many, many blankets and my current book we on the couch too. I couldn't help but smile at the thoughtful gesture.

"Shayne, you didn't have to do all this." I smiled as I shoot the door and took Otto's collar and lead off. The next thing I did was take my shoes off and let me tell you it felt like heaven. 

"I know, but it was your first time back spending all day in your heels so I thought this would be a nice thing to come home too." He explained with a kind smile as he walked over to the couch and held up a mug for me. I walked over and sat down and let out a loud sigh of relief. Shayne laughed a little at me and handed me the mug. 

"Tea with Honey and milk, you weird, weird gal." He laughed. I smiled even more and instantly took a sip.

"God, you're amazing." I laughed lightly.

"No, you're the amazing one. Now, take those socks off and put your feet in." He joked. I did as I was told and nothing, I mean nothing has ever felt so good and heavenly. We sat and talked for a while as I let my feet soak. I told him about all the crazies that came into the cafe and he just laughed. I caught him up on what the regulars had been up to even though he didn't really know them at all. He just sat there and let me talk without interruption. 

I thanked him again for all the stuff he and the others had brought as it really made the place funny to look at and it helped lighten the mood massively. after about an hour of soaking my feet we ordered dinner and then went to the bedroom and curled up in bed and he told me about his day. I don't remember falling asleep but I god did I need it, and I couldn't think of a better way to end the day. 

A/N Sorry this is a filler I needed to babysit unexpectedly and I'm needed overnight. I'll write another chapter tomorrow and it will be a lot better than this one. 

Massive socially distanced hugs Bea xxx