Chapter 10

I was sat on my couch waiting for them to answer the call. I knew that they would all be hanging out before they went to work. Matt was back in town for a couple of weeks since it was the summer holidays, he was working at a kids summer camp guiding walks around the lake district. I hated waiting for them to answer, it was killing me. I just wanted to know if they told someone where I was, I just needed to know. He had to find out from someone I loved, one way or another and I was freaking out.

        When they finally popped up I started to panic a little more. There was something about admitting to them that he had found me that made it seem even more real than getting the fucking letter. They all looked happy and without a care in the world whereas I looked like my whole world had just crashed into the sun.

        "Hey, how come you're not at work hun?" Raven asked looking at me with a confused look, none of them seemed to have noticed the panicked state I was in

"He found me," I whispered, completely ignoring the question, looking down at my hands as they started to shake. No one seemed to know what to say, they all just looked at me like I had said the impossible.

"But he still thinks you're in London somewhere, no one other than us and your family knows you're in LA. That's why you haven't been on a Facebook and Twitter since you got there." Matt said deadpan, everyone looked at each other as if to see if they were showing any sines of guilt. Sadly I couldn't see any, which pissed me off a little.

"He sent me a fucking letter Matt, I think it's safe to say that's not true anymore." I deadpanned.

"Well we didn't tell him Bec, we wouldn't do that to you," Dan said looking me dead in the eyes. They all nodded and I really wanted to believe them but someone had to mess up otherwise I would still be safe.

"ONE OF YOU HAD TO TELL SOMEONE WHERE I LIVED, HOW ELSE WOULD HE FUCKING FIND ME!" I lost it, I don't know what made me yell, something just snapped. The fear inside me finally taking over.

"After what I heard him do on that phone call you know I wouldn't do that. Calm down and breath a little OK, we can figure this out." Mel said with a slight smile knowing that I wasn't on to snap like that and the only reason I would is due to downright fear.

"CALM DOWN?! HOW THE FUCK CAN I DO THAT WHEN JAKE KNOWS WHERE I AM." I screamed at the top of my lungs as I started to pace, I moved the laptop so it was facing the door. I walked over to the door and started to slide down it.

"He knows where I am guys... He'll kill me this time." I whispered as I reached the floor. I started to cry and none of them knew what to do, if they were with me they would have engulfed me into a massive group hug but they weren't. I was all alone and on the other side of the world.

There was a knock at the door and I knew it had to be Shayne, I guess he must have heard all the yelling and is wondering what the fuck is going on. I ignored it, hoping he would just go away, I didn't even want to talk to my mates anymore but I knew they would kill me before Jake even had the chance.

I heard him slide down the door so he was down to my level. I guess it was kinda sweet in a way but right now all I wanted to do was be alone with a bag of rhubarb and custard sweets and Red Dwarf.

"Hey, Bea, open up please." He calmly said I could tell he wanted to help but to be honest I don't think anyone could help right night.

"Just leave me alone Shayne, please," I replied, trying to keep my voice normal but it was broken beyond repair. There was no way to mask it, no way to keep it strong and normal.

"Now we both know that's not happening. Let me in so we can talk please." He said talking through the door. I could tell he was worried about me but right now nothing was going to make me talk.

"Just go to work Shayne... Please." All I wanted was for him to go to work and leave me alone. All I wanted was for him to go to work and forget about what just happened. It would be best for him to just forget about me at this point because with Jake knowing where I am any guy close to me here isn't safe.

"Please let me in Bea."

"Please just go," I asked, my voice broken and empty of any emotion because that's how I felt. Empty and emotionless. Part of me just wanted to sleep for the rest of my life, maybe even end it before he has the chance so he doesn't get the satisfaction of doing it himself.

"We're talking to night though, yeah?" I didn't respond, I just sat there. Pongo and Otto came over and started sniffing at the door probably wondering why Shayne is on the other side of the door and not with us. They laid down next to me and rested their heads on my lap, hoping to calm me down.

I heard Shayne get up and walk away after a minute or two. Once he was gone I got up and just shut my laptop ending the skype call without having to say a word. I turned my phone off so they had no way to talk to me and I could be alone for a bit. I know they are going to hate me for it but I just need to be alone with sweets and Red Dwarf. Oh and a hell of a lot of tea, that's the only way I'm gonna be able to get my head together enough to be able to sort this out logically. I might even be able to talk to Shayne about it. I mean who knows it might actually help me a little.

Right now though it feels like that's going to be a lifetime away. And even though my head was telling me to sleep or kill myself I know that I can't do that, my mates would kill me for it. I made myself a cup of tea, put a Red Dwarf DVD in the player and grabbed the un opened a bag of my favourite sweets. I sat on the couch and started my binge, nothing but sweets, and one of the best comedies the BBC has ever come up with.