Chapter 70

Becca's POV

The weekend had finally come and Pete had closed the cafe to deep clean it ready for Monday. We clean it thoroughly before and after each day, but it can't hurt to make sure. Plus, I don't think my feet could handle another day in those damn heels. Don't get me wrong I love them really, I mean how could I hate things that make me almost average height and make my ass look great, but god they kill your feet after a few hours of wearing them.

I'm currently sat on the sofa with my feet up on the coffee table and a cup of tea in my hands. Shayne is currently walking Otto. He wanted me to have a bit of alone time since for the past 5 days I've been surrounded by people. As much as I'm in love with the quiet, I kinda wish he was here. Especially since he's already been super sweet this week, he's made my time of the month so much easier than normal.

Thankfully, I'm no longer bleeding, I don't think I've ever been happier that I have a heavy period; the cramps are hell in the beginning, but god do I love how I know it will all be over in 3-5 days. And this is why I shouldn't be alone too long. My brain goes and thinks about weird shit like this. Sighing, I leaned back on the sofa and smiled thinking about how Shayne had been a dream this week.

I sat there just staring off into the distance, not paying attention to the noise in the background. It was nice not being bombarded with questions and angry Karan's, but I kinda miss the chaos. It was nice to be too busy to think. My therapist says it's my way of avoiding my past and she ain't wrong.

Not doing anything was sending me insane, and the background noise of the tv wasn't helping at all. Normally the noise would help, but I still felt like I was sitting in silence. I looked over at my guitar and smiled softly at it before getting up to grab it. I'm not in the mood to write a new song but God do I want to do something and playing a song I haven't in a while is always fun as I never know if I'll get it right.

I strummed a few random chords, not really knowing what song I'm gonna play, and I'm not looking in my songbook for inspiration as I want a challenge. It doesn't take me too long before I start to pluck the tune of Join the club; I laugh a little as I remember why I wrote it. It was a challenge set by my old form tutor. He basically made everyone but me write a word, and I had to write a song with them all in it. It took me two weeks to figure it out and write it, but it was so much fun and it also meant I could play my guitar in form.

I place my capo on my guitar just about in the middle of the 4th fret and started plucking at the strings again, not noticing that Shayne was standing in the doorway filing me as I did so. I was too busy in my own world trying to make sure I still knew how to play the song, as well as sing it.

Are you born a king or a joker?
Or the jack of all trades,
Are you the queen of someone's heart?
What is the value of your face?
Are you here to dig for diamonds?
Well bring along your spade
Seems that life is just a gamble
So just enjoy the game

When the dice you keep on rolling takes away what is your life
Don't give up, just try your luck, look a snake right in the eye
Raise the stake and show some face, this round has just begun
If you think outside the box there's no such thing as square one

I smiled softly remembering how long it took me to write and the dumb victory dance I did in the middle of form, making everyone laugh, that moment also became a running joke in form for the rest of my time at school, even when we moved into a different form for 6th form.

Are you born a king or a joker?
Or the jack of all trades,
Are you the queen of someone's heart?
What is the value of your face?
Are you here to dig for diamonds?
Well bring along your spade
Seems that life is just a gamble
So just enjoy the game