Chapter 72

A/N College is kicking my ass and I'm hiding from my 4 assignments and 2 exams to have some fun and finally write another chapter for this. Sorry, it's taken so long, I really did think I would be able to get a chapter up sooner.

Speaking of college kicking my ass with work. At the end I'll be posting a link to my questionnaire for an English assignment as well I need people to do it and there's only 16 of us in my college group and that's not quite enough to get good results. IT WILL BE ANONYMOUS AND NO PERSONAL DETAILS WOULD BE SHARED. I just need the data that it would provide plus it's not like you have to do it, I just wanna put it up in the hopes that at least 1 or 2 of you fill it out. 

Anyway on with the story. Time skip to 2022 because fuck it, I wanna do that.

Becca's POV

It's finally 2022, even though it feels like 2020 was about 5 years long and I don't even remember 2021 as it seemed to both drag on like hell and fly by in a second. A lot has changed and I couldn't be happier about it, I'm working fewer hours at the cafe and spending more time at the Smosh office but I'm still only getting paid a small amount for the ideas and creative inspo I contribute. Not getting paid to be there, I'm basically just there for fun and to watch them do their thing most of the time. 2021 may have been a shit year where yet again I didn't get to go home, home. More so this year because it just didn't seem worth the risk rather than borders being closed. But it was also the year where I truly started feeling at home here.

 And after talking about it for a week or so, Shayne and I decided to move in together in his apartment. It made sense for both of us, I mean we've basically been living together for 2 years anyway thanks to COVID, we just made it official by me not renewing my lease. It's made my life so much easier and less stressful as I no longer have to pay 2 sets of bills, just the one. We were thinking about finding another place but we decided against it as it would have caused so much stress for the both of us and well we just didn't want to really. 

The place may be small but we've made it our home over the years and we like it. We ended up selling and donating a load of things that we had two of, picking and choosing between each other's things to make it fair. It also involved Shayne looking through the photo albums I had and laughing at some of the things my friends had written about them. One day after a particularly shit day of customer service I came home to see that he had framed some of the stupidest photos, as well as a couple of really cute ones and hung them up around the apartment. He thought it would help the place feel more like home to me and boy did it, I cried when I saw it. I mean it's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me, how could I not. 

Otto's started to get used to life without his buddy, but it's clear he misses his friend. We've talked about getting another dog, a smaller one to see if that would help but we're not sure if it's a good idea or not. Otto and Pongo's bond was special and I'm not sure if getting another dog would cause more harm than good. I have to admit I miss having two dogs wake me up in the morning. 

Right now I'm sitting at home waiting for Shayne to get back from the office, today is one of those rare days where I stay home and do nothing but tidy the place up. It's weird having more money but not working my ass off at the cafe. The place is spotless and I'm starting to get bored when all of a sudden a song pops into my head.

"Bring it all back now
Don't stop, never give up
Hold your head high and reach the top
Let the world see what you have got
Bring it all back to you" 

I chuckled a little at the fact that a song I haven't really listened to popped into my head. I mean I can't remember the last time I listened to S Club 7. It didn't take me long to grab my keyboard and start to play around with the keys trying to get the right melody. I had to play this at school once, I slowed it down and made it a slow dance kinda song.