Chapter 66

A/N 2021 is here and I swear if it's another shit show Imma need to have words with the dude in charge as that is so not OK. Anyway hope you like this and hopefully, I will write more, it is my goal of the year. Defiantly not a new years resolution as I always fail those, it's a goal, totally different ok. :P :)

Third-person POV

It's been a week since Pongo passed away, and to say Becca and Otto weren't doing well was an understatement. Life just didn't feel right without their spotty friend, it was like there was a missing piece in their hearts without him. She wanted nothing more than to wake up to find that this was a horrid nightmare, but sadly that won't happen.

Shayne and Damien were doing their best to cheer her up. Damien was doing his best to make her laugh whenever they were together in the office by making dumb jokes and just being his daft self. Everyone was doing their best to help her move on, but Damien felt he owed her a lot as she had made sure to message him every day during lockdown to make sure he took care of himself and so he didn't feel alone. He was repaying that by sending her millions of texts that comprised cute pictures of either his cats, dumb pictures of the Smosh crew, or just random cute/silly animals that he thought would make her laugh, which she often did.

Shayne, on the other hand, had opened up his bed to both her and Otto as he didn't want them to be alone on the couch as all he wanted to do was hug them as tight and as close as he could. When they weren't at the office, they were all cuddled up in bed watching something random on Netflix. They didn't pay too much attention to whatever it was as they would often just talk through it telling stories about their day or a story about Pongo that made them laugh. He was really worried about them and didn't want to leave them alone. Everyone was worried about them. To be honest, neither she nor Otto were acting like their happy-go-lucky selves.

Bea wasn't thinking about herself as she was too busy worrying about Otto. He wasn't eating much at all. He didn't even want to leave the apartment, not even to play fetch, Shayne had to carry him into his car when they were going to the office as he just didn't feel like moving at all. It was obvious to anyone with working eyes that Otto missed his brother. She hates how helpless she felt, as she had no idea how to help him. It broke her heart every time she looked at him.

Today she was home alone, as she had finally persuaded him to go to the office without them. He was against it at first. He didn't want to leave her here alone. She practically had to push him out the door. The fact that she was laughing as she did so made the idea easier on him.

She was currently still in her PJ's in Shayne's bed with Otto curled up next to her. 

She wasn't really doing anything, just aimlessly flicking through old pictures and videos of both dogs on her laptop

She wasn't really doing anything, just aimlessly flicking through old pictures and videos of both dogs on her laptop. They were all of them doing cute and dumb shit that made her laugh and smile.

Becca's POV

I was just finishing watching the video of when I was finally reunited with both of them when I got back from back home at the start of the year. They were both so excited, even if Pongo couldn't move much to show it. He was whimpering and pinning for me in excitement. It made me laugh and cry. I paused the video for a moment, trying to figure out what on earth I was feeling because I don't feel like I have been for a while?