Chapter 57 : Owls and Cats

Chou sat there, on the gym floor, watching the same thing for her school career, volleyball, in Fukurodani.

"Chou, did you see me spike there?" Bokuto pointed at the ball while his teammates snickered at him. Chou was just nodding and didn't bare to care about his moves, she had seen enough at the training camp.

"Sorry about his kiddish behavior, he's a knucklehead." She looked up to see Kaori. "It's fine. I've seen enough to know what kind of person he is." Kaori giggled and sat down on the floor while watching her team play and Yukie went to get the water bottles.

"He's an idiot." Chou and Kaori said in unison. It made them laugh and made Chou's face flushed a bit pink. 'Why are my cheeks feel warm?'

"Hiya~"

"Akahana!" One of the girls looked at the door and saw Akahana. "Hi, everyone!" She greeted them and bowed. "Hey, Akahana!" Nozomi was the first one went up to her, giving her a warm hug. "Nice to see you again, Omotani-senpai."

She greeted her old coach and sat down to see her sister's rivals practice. "Akahana~" She saw Miharu called to her. "What is it, Mochizuki-senpai?" Miharu giggled and whispered to her ear. "I think Nozomi-chan's crush on Akinori-kun is worsening." It made Akahana laugh and looked at Nozomi. "Seems like it, too." Miharu only giggled and went back to practice.

"Uota-senpai!!!" Mirai turned to see Akahana running up to her to give her a hug but Mirai luckily avoided her.

"Does Washio-senpai still blush around you?" Akahana teased and Mirai rolled her eyes with disinterest. "Every men do that when women are there."

Back to Chou, nothing interesting happened. Practice has ended and now Bokuto was pumped as ever.

"Chou!" She cocked her head to him and Bokuto smiled. "I'm gonna help you become the ace!" Chou already has enough with his antics and stomped her foot on the floor, "No! I already said so many times!" She raised her voice and it made everyone in the gym flinch. "You're number 4! You got to be the ace!?" Bokuto fired back. "I don't want to be the ace because Amemorin deserves the title!!"

Then before she knew it, Bokuto was under a desk.

"What is he doing?" Chou asked.

"He has a weak heart." Konoha exclaimed with a slight giggle.

Chou felt bad for what she had said to him, but it was his fault that he kept pestering her about the matter. She looked at Bokuto and saw his teammates trying to cheer him up. "I'm sorry, Bokuto-san. I'll try to be the ace." Chou said dismissively.

Bokuto perked up and crawled out of the desk and beamed of a sunlight like energy. "OK, let's go!"

Chou looked at him for awhile, Bokuto had a weak heart but he became the captain because he's strong and determined to succeed, a trait that he shared with the captains Chou knew like Kuroo, Aiko. What's gonna happened after Aiko and Makoto retired? Who's going to be the next captain?

"Shouldn't you be changing, Chou?" Yukie asked her, Chou looked at her clothes and rumpled her skirt. "I left my clothes in school..." She embarrassingly admitted to them.

"Who needs special clothes if you can practice." Bokuto shouted from the court.

Chou nodded slightly and walked to get shoes.

"Chou, are you sure you want to do this?" Kaori asked her, Chou was going to train with one of the top aces of Japan and she acted like it was nothing. "I'm fine, besides, I can't break his heart, again." Chou smiled determinedly and walked to court.

"Saru-kun~♡" They all turned to the door to see Miharu and Akahana. "You have someone to see the boys' team here." She gave a smile similar to a critter.