Chapter 3 : The Chaos Begins

"Are you excited?" Hoshiko asked. Himura wasn't so sure, remembering what happened yesterday with the volleyball team, she was expecting something weird would happen like before. "Anyways, have you gotten to know some of the members? Maybe Fukunaga-kun?" Emika changed the topic while sipping on her milk box.

Now that she mentioned it, Himura remembered the time with the cats. It caused her to giggle and smile subconsciously, it was not like her other smiles, who were mostly forced, awkward, or a terrifying one. This smile was gentle. "I like that smile of yours, do it more often." Hoshiko and Emika said together with soft voices. "What the fu--"

"You like corny jokes, right?" The blonde asked, she nodded but sort of disagreed with the corny part. "I heard Fukunaga-kun likes jokes, from Kozume."

Himura hummed and rubbed her chin, 'I'll try it.'

"Ehm...can you guys help with something?" Hoshiko suddenly asked.

Both of them perked up and nodded. "Do any of you done the math homework?"

~~~~~~

Looking at herself on the bathroom mirror, Himura was unsure if she was ready to this. She was a second year, wearing the uniform wear students were instructed to wear during their first day on the club. It was a little regret of her to quit the literature club during her first year.

Taking a deep breath, walking to the gym wasn't as hard as she expected. She rarely went there but still remembered the gym was. Usually, she picked up both of her friends from their club at the gym, without any member noticing, it was located on the other side of school.

She peeked inside the gym and saw the boys already practicing. It gave her a hint of nostalgia when she saw some of the members practicing spiking the balls.

Suddenly, everything went dark. "Agh! I messed up!!" Someone yelped. Himura opened her eyes and saw a pair of green eyes looking straight her. "A-are you okay?" He asked worryingly. "Damn it, Lev! You injured our manager!!" Taketora screamed.

Himura stood up and dusted her uniform, looking at the tall boy with silver hair and green eyes called "Lev", who coincidentally the boy she saw cheering the team from the substitutes.

"Himura-chan, you're not hurt are you? Who am I kidding, you get hit by the ball." Taketora ran up to her and checked on her. "Do this again and you'll be dead meat, Lev." The silver haired exclaimed an apology again.

"I'm fine, Tora." Himura spoke up.

Taketora stopped and slowly turned deep red. This was his first time hearing her voice, it sounded like a young boy. 'Shit...'

"Ah, Sara-kun, come in." Naoi called to her.

As she stepped inside and waved at everyone, the boys all had sparkly, pinkish purple aura around them. "Sorry, it's been the first time a girl has entered the gym in a long time." Naoi apologized on the behalf of them and escorted her to Nekomata.

When she saw the expression of the elderly coach, he was chuckling and smiling. "You came. Welcome." He greeted her. "Since it's your first day here, I'll let you watch them practice for the day. Tomorrow you'll start helping." Himura understood and watched the practice close to the coaches.

It's been a few minutes since she arrived at the gym, Himura was growing more interested in it. Nekomata noticed. "So have you had any experience in volleyball before?" Nekomata asked. Hesitantly, Himura admitted she played during her middle school. "Wing spiker, sir." Nekomata wasn't as surprised, he was pleased. "Good, because I have something I'm planning to do with a wing spiker."

"Himurran!" Kuroo called to her.

She went there and saw Kuroo holding two bottles. "Since you're starting as our manager, why don't you try to fill the bottles with water? I bet Yamamoto and Inuoka would love some feminine touch to their drinks." He scornfully giggled, looking at the two members.