Chapter 54 : A Trip Before The Fight

Taking in the fresh air, her footing seemed to be crunching down onto the crimson autumn leaves. The time that the second and first years of Nekoma High having their class field trip.

“Hello, Kyoto!” Taketora stretched his arms as they exited the packed school bus.

“Oh jeez,” Kenma walked out with his body shivering from the cold autumn air. The tiger boy just pushed him lightly while chuckling, “You should stop playing video games so much and try to go outside more.”

“Tora, that has nothing to do with this.”

Without the third years' eyes on them (especially Yaku), they could do all sorts of crazy stuff. It was only for three days, it was only a few weeks away from the preliminaries.

Looking around the view of the part of the area they stopped at, it was like she was in a documentary she saw a lot on TV. “Yukimura-chan, why are you so wide-eyed all of a sudden?” Teshiro approached her with a chuckle. “S-sorry, it's just- just- I haven't been here for a long time.”

“You've been to Kyoto before?” He asked.

Hikaru nodded, “Yeah! My father and I always go to see the castles here.”

As they walked around to see the leaves, a lot of shouting and laughs were heard from not so far away. Turning to look at the source, it was (what was expected) their first years from the volleyball club, specifically Keiko and Lev.

“When will those two will ever shut up?” Himura let out a grunt before walking off with Fumi trailing behind.

“You seemed to have some sass these days,” Fumi commented with a smirk, “Got anything to share?”

Himura just rolled her eyes.

“Uwaaaah! It's Kyoto! Autumn red leaves! The temples!” Akahana's emerald eyes sparkled as she began to hop around each and every corner of the street, giving her friends secondhand embarrassment. “Akahana's really excited, isn't she?” Hikaru pointed out as Teshiro nodded.

After a lot of fidgeting and glances, Akahana started to point everything like Keiko did.

“So many trees!” Her mouth was quick to shut as Hikaru pressed her hand over it, “We get it, calm down.”

Seeing the chaos ensued right before her eyes, Chou just sighed as she walked around with a certain maneki-neko boy beside her. “Akahana's all excited because it's our first time here.” Fukunaga just rubbed his chin as a respond, making her more awkward.

“Anyways,” She opened up a piece of paper the teacher told her to write down. “Watanabe-sensei said we should stick as a team, any size but we also have to keep an eye out for the first years, for some odd reason.”

“It looks like no one would take them...” She of course, talking about the volleyball kids being extra and chaotic at the back of the line.

Fukunaga just gave a thumbs-up while smiling like a fool, making Chou giggle. She finally gets what Himura meant by him trying to make people smile, even though it's just by simple gestures like a thumbs-up.

~~~~~~

“Yes! We have the gym all to ourselves!” Yaku rejoiced as he relaxed against a wall.

“Yakkun, buy us yoghurt, please?” Kuroo ordered him while looking phased out.

“What?! Why would I?? Do you think I look like your servant?”

“Most of our players are gone, you're on duty.”

“We have no such thing!”

Kai watched them with a smile on his face as he slowly walked out the gym to get some yoghurt for the three of them.