Chapter 21 : Mollies and Hens

Warming up, Aiko noticed that Fukurodani got a new wing spiker from last she saw them. "Cat got your tongue, Fuji?" Makoto teased but to only see the tall girl focusing her eyes on the captain of the Fukurodani.

"Oh, nothing!" Aiko chirped and went back to help Keiko. Makoto was uncertain with Aiko's state as of lately, she was shakier and worrier more. Like it was something that happened in her past.

Chou watched the ball flew to the other side of the net and went to get it. While getting the ball, Chou noticed a girl with light brown hair and eyes. "Oh, hey." The girl greeted her and she nodded. "Ya need this ball? Sure, here." She tossed the ball back to her and Chou could feel her cheeks warming up.

"Chou-chan!" Makoto called to her as she walked away.

'That was weird for sure.'

"Mirai, you know her?"

"Nah, just givin' the ball back to 'er."

Kaneko was chatting with the coach, seeing as they were friends in the past, they would catch up with one another like friends do. "Kaneko-sensei, I think we're ready." Hikaru informed her. Kaneko nodded and zipped up her tracksuit. "Your new team has cute players now." The coach chirped. Kaneko laughed and ruffled Hikaru's black hair. "Awh, this cutie? She's the cutest!" Hikaru felt secondhand embarrassment.

"Hikaru-chan, meet Mizuno Kurumi." Mizuno waved and smiled sweetly, her dark blonde hair neatly framed her round face, her deep brown eyes staring right at her soul and glasses. Hikaru had to admit that Mizuno was a beautiful woman, that's a fact. "N-nice to meet you!"

~~~~~~

Finally they were starting the practice match.

The coin was flipped and it landed the serve for Fukurodani. "Here's to a good game." Aiko smiled nervously. The vice captain smiled back and nodded.

Serving went to Fukurodani's #3, she licked her lips, tossed the ball high in the air, leaped, and smashed the ball as fast as lightning. Naomi immediately sprinted to counter it and passed it on. Makoto carefully watched the ball as she ran to her setting position, next to their #7. "Aoike!" Aiko shouted and she tossed the ball to Chou.

As the she jumped above the net, Chou was greeted by tall hands. She smacked the ball and it was immediately blocked. "Free ball!" Naomi ran and dug the ball as it went high up. Going to the edge of the court, Hoshiko sled and bumped the ball. "Aoike-san!" Sticking her nose up to the air, Makoto noticed the setter's constant state at the ball. Never letting that ball out of her site.

'Tch...this girl is tricky....better be quick.' Makoto focused on the ball and monitor as it went from Fumi to her.

Looking at #7 again, she knew what to do. "Fuji!!" Setting the ball, Aiko slammed it right through the blockers. "Got it!" #10, their libero, dug the attack.

#7 was running to the other side of the court. Makoto focused on her as she watched her shoulders loosened. 'She isn't going to...'

"Shirosaki~!" #5 called to her for a set. #7 nodded and watched the ball like a hawk. Finally, the ball came to her and...

She dumped it?!

"W-woah...that's a pretty cool dump..." Emika quivered in fear and hugged Hikaru.

"Don't worry, Akabane-chan. We'll win this!" Hikaru cheered on.

#5 walked to her setter. "Shirosaki, why did you disobeyed?" She asked sweetly. "Sorry, senpai. I'll try better."

Fukurodani: 1

Nekoma: 0

"That's some neat dump." Makoto commented, eyeing a cunning look to #7. She moved her honey brown eyes to her and nodded, "Thanks."