Chapter 66 : Cats on Ice

Taking Kaoru's advice, Himura tried to write in her diary (a gift from Akahana for her birthday). It ended up not like she expected it to look like.

The fuck? The fuck? The fuck is in the air?
The fuck? There's white shit everywhere.
The fuck? I must be fuckin' baked and this shit 'prolly fake.
The fucking hell I'd I just take?
The fuck?

It wasn't her best work but at least she tried.

"Himura-san!!" Two voices shouted from outside, making her fell from her chair onto her butt. "Himura-san, it's me, Lev!!" A vein popped on her forehead and punched the floor. 'That butt monkey!' She dashed down the stairs before the others could and opened the door, greeted by the two first years. "Himura-san!" Akahana chirped and clapped her hands in glee like a kid.

The first years were wearing their winter coats, scarfs, earmuffs, gloves, etc. While Himura was still in her shorts and T-shirt. "What the hell do you want?" Himura suddenly asked with a gritty tone, it was too early for this. It sent shivers down their spines and they tried to think of the right words. "Well...Inuoka..." Lev stammered and she already knew what was going on.

Himura slowly closed her door, leaving the them at her doorstep. "Is that a yes?" Akahana asked nervously. The door opened, revealing Himura ready to go.

"Hey, did you wrote in that diary I gave you?" Akahana asked.

Remembering the lyrics she wrote, Himura bit the insides of her cheeks and fake coughed.

~~~~~~

"Hey, you guys!" Yaku waved at them from the ice rink with Naomi right beside him, Himura noticed they were holding hands and it just made her happy. "Himura-chan, nice seeing you here." Naomi skated over to the edge of the rink.

"Yaku-san, where's Kuroo-san?" Lev asked him. Yaku hummed and looked to the right. "I think he's with Kenma over there." He pointed at the benches, where coincidentally the two best friends were sitting.

Going off to the middle, Naomi just skated around like a professional skater (from Himura's perspective). "Ooh, I wanna skate like that!" Akahana's emerald eyes sparkled as she hurriedly get her skates on. When she looked around, a realization hits. "Hey, where are the others?"

'Others?' Himura thought.

Yaku looked around and sighed. "Inuoka and Teshiro are busy over there." He laughed as he watched Inuoka helping Teshiro from falling down. "Oh, Shibayama and Kai are on their way." He sets off to the middle to join his girlfriend.

Akahana let out a long sigh and looked at the couple lovingly. "Isn't it nice to see two couples?" Himura was confused at what she meant 'two couples' there was only one couple. Looking at the strawberry blonde, she mischievously smirked and pointed. When Himura turned, there was Fukunaga. As the two of them walked off together, Akahana only watched as she smiled. 'If only Nee-san was here...'

Placing her feet carefully on the ice, she wobbled and almost fell down but Naomi was there to catch her. "Careful, you could hurt yourself." Naomi told her and held her hands. This was the first time Himura ever ice skated, the last time she did was with Kita but that was years ago. He's probably better than her now.

Wobbling as she goes, Himura glided as Naomi pushed back. "See? It's not that hard." The petite girl said reassuringly with a smile. "I'm going to let go and you'll try to skate on your own." Himura wasn't expecting this and wanted to beg her not to do it but it was too late and Naomi already skated far away from her. Red of embarrassment, Himura could hear the little giggles from little kids passing by her, 'Man, I hate kids...'

She could only skate to the edge and panted over how embarrassing it was. 'Jeez, I really hate little kids...' Gripping the edge as strong as she could, Himura tested her balance and she did the first time but to only wobble and almost fall but Fukunaga caught her in time. "Thanks, Shouhei." A small smile formed on her face and held his hands to help her get up.