Chapter 68 : Them's The Break, Kid

"Shouhei-kun, how was the orientation?" Asked Fumi, her eyes darted to the young male as he looked around the place, spotting an older boy with spiky hair shaking a younger one with not bleached hair and another one with light brown hair. "Say, do you wanna look around together? I have some elementary school friends I want to meet." She offered. Seeing how he doesn't have any friends except for her, he obliged.

By passing through the halls, he could spot a couple of boys laughing out loud, in the middle was a boy with a mohawk. Fukunaga noted that he was quite handsome for his age but tried to shake it off and focus on his journey across his new school.

Fumi was walking around the school just to search for that friend of hers, she was afraid it'll bore Fukunaga out but to her surprise it didn't and just piqued his weird curiosity.

Passing through the halls, he noticed two girls talking to another boy. "Omigosh, Fuji, shut up!"

"Jeez, I'm sorry." The other one laughed.

He couldn't stop noticing new people that he'd hoped to be his new friends to share funny jokes with later in life and maybe find a best friend along the way. Maybe even lover? Nah, he wasn't the type to search for a partner yet.

"Sorry." Someone bumped into him by accident. Fukunaga turned to the person walking past him, he saw a girl with short dark auburn hair, copper colored eyes, and a cat hair clip on her fringe. When he saw that hair clip, he jumped at the opportunity to see her face again.

It was her.

The girl whom he had a little crush on since middle school.

He hadn't got to know her before then but he always watched her school play against others and the straight look on her face kept showing up in the official roster. Best wing spiker he had ever known.

Something in his chest started to ache as he could feel his cheeks starting heat up. Something about her just piqued him more than the others.

She was still the same from the last time he saw her. She wasn't in the last tournament, so seeing her there now meant he could see almost everyday.

"Oh, we're in the same class?" He watched as the blonde talked to her. She gave her a nod and was greeted by another girl with dark red hair.

"That's awesome." The redhead said. "I'm Akabane Emika and this is Amemori Hoshiko."

"Call me Hoshi. It's much personal." The blonde grinned.

The girl was hesitant to say anything to them but with Emika waving her hand to greet her, she actually spoke some words. "Himura...Himura Sara..."

Both girls beamed in excitement and jumped on her for a hug. They seemed to be close now. It looked like Himura was making new friends already whereas Fukunaga still was alone.

Learning her name, he couldn't just get it out of his head. He kept repeating it silently. Wow, what a weird moment to be life.

The only way he could remotely describe the feeling was being shot.

"How do you make friends?" Fumi repeated his question.

"Get to know them, I guess."

~~~~~~

"Hey, you." Fukunaga opened his eyes to see he was in an empty white space. There was nothing but behind him was the girl he liked, Himura. She had her index pointed at him like a gun.

"On the count of three, you'll like me." She said.

He didn't know what was going on. Was he in some dream? Is it really happening? Was she really talking to him?