Chapter 16 : Bullet

Taketora was first to serve, like always, it was pretty powerful but Naomi was luckily there to receive it. Makoto looked around to see the hitters coming right at her. 'Fuji is a great hitter, Chou-chan is also great at coming through the blockers, Fumi-chan is the best at aiming, Kurihashi has an unpredictability to do both shots, Amemorin is a the most powerful.' She knew who to choose. "Amemorin!" She jumped and smashed the ball right through the blockers, landing them the first point.

Girls: 1

Boys: 0

"Yeah!!" Hoshiko high-fived everyone and cheered.

"That was..." Akahana trembled while holding her black T-shirt, "...an awesome line shot."

Himura only giggled. "Tora needs to learn from her."

Kai served the ball and it was an easy save for Naomi. "Left!" Hoshiko bumped the ball to Makoto who tossed very quickly to Chou, she smashed the ball but was immediately saved by Yaku. Sticking his nose up, Kenma lazily walked to his spot and waited for the ball to come for him. Behind him was Makoto. 'Aoike-chan is still there......creepy.' He quickly thought before tossed the ball to Kai. He hit the ball, Naomi was about sprawl and save it but it went to her face and went for an out. "Oh, sorry there, Kuze." Kai went o help her out with Fumi. "It's okay, I'm okay!" Naomi smiled and went back to normal.

Girls: 1

Boys: 1

Kenma served the ball, it wasn't as strong as the others but it luckily went to the back row, giving the managers a sense of relief. Naomi sprawled and bumped the ball but it was pretty low as it hit the ground immediately after. 'Crap!!' She had a wide smile on her face. "S-sorry!!" She embarrassingly apologized to her teammates. "Don't be hard on yourself, Nao-chan!" Keiko told her and patted her back.

Girls: 1

Boys: 2

Taketora served the ball again and it was another powerful serve. Naomi immediately bumped it and sent it to Makoto, whom tossed the ball to Fumi and bumped it to Keiko. The middle blocker tried to shot the ball but was blocked immediately and scored a point for the boys before Hoshiko could save it. "See, Kurihashi-chan? I'm a better middle blocker!" Lev bragged. "No, I am!" Keiko pouted.

"Don't argue now, you two!" Kuroo shouted from the substitute place.

"Yessir." Both first years mumbled and walked back to their places.

The managers only sighed in unison. "Kurihashi is like that." Akahana said. "Lev too."

Serving went to Fukunaga, he serve went to the front row as it was a floater serve, which Emika and Himura noticed. Fumi was the first to bump the ball and sent it to Makoto. The setter tossed it to their ace, as she attacked through the blockers and scored them a point.

"Woah, Shouhei-kun, your serves are really great!" Fumi complimented his serve with a big grin on her face. Fukunaga only got a little flustered and sent an OK sigh to her, making her giggle.

"Murata, you seemed to know Fukunaga. What's up with that?" Naomi asked.

Fumi smiled and giggled, "He's just my old classmate during third year of middle school."