Chapter 58 : Dancing Cats

"Here it is..." Kuroo looked upon the building. His eyes glistened in the shining sun.

"Can't believe it's almost over." Kai sighed heavily and smiled at his captain.

Yaku elbowed his arm and chuckle mischievously, "Don't do that to us, man! What if it's true." He whined.

The third years laughed together as they entered the building with cheerful smiles.

The second and first years meanwhile, they were a bit messy to walk out of that bus with such majestic aura like their third years. Stepping inside the gymnasium was something else entirely. Akahana has been to a lot of them but she kept gawking at everything, same goes for Lev.

"Look straight ahead, you two." Naoi scolded them.

"Have you seen this place, Akahana-chan? It's huge!" Lev fanboys over the building as the other teams gave them looks that Taketora scared off. "Yes, actually." Akahana answered straightforwardly.

"Oh." Lev stiffened. 'Guess I'm not that cool after all.'

"Hey, look. Nekoma has two managers."

"Wow. The little one is easy on the eyes."

"How about the other one?"

"She's alright."

Himura could say she was glad that they didn't find her attractive but it still hurts.

"Hey! Don't talk like that about our precious manager!!" Taketora growled and tried to pick a fight but before he could, Himura smacked the back of his head with her own bare hand and glared at him. "Yes, ma'am. I won't do that again, ma'am."

"We must do something to Yamamoto..." Kuroo sighed and felt some drops of sweat ran down his face from secondhand embarrassment that his ace caused them.

Yaku proposed an idea, "We tape him in front of a running train. That'll teach him."

"That's highly dangerous."

He combed his prickly, black hair and hummed. "Maybe I should grow my hair to that God again."

"Please don't!" The others begged.

~~~~~~

Inhaling the fresh air, Aiko looked back at her teammates who were helping one another with their stuff. She kept staring at them before smiling. She spent her three years in high school with them, they couldn't just back down on a fight that easily.

"Everyone ready?" Kaneko asked with a confident smile on her face.

"Yes, ma'am!" They all said and marched inside the gymnasium.

"Oh, hey." Keiko tugged Hoshiko's sleeve and pointed at a certain spot of the gymnasium. "What?" Hoshiko turned to her. "It's So-chan and the others." Hoshiko squinted her eyes and what do you know, the boys were there as she said. "Don't disturb them, Kurihashi-san. They need to prepare for their own matches." Chou told her. Keiko obviously know and childishly respond to her with a pout.

"Can't you believe we're almost there." Emika's eyes sparkled.

"Yeah...I hope we don't lose." Hikaru chuckled before being stared to death by her teammates.

Naomi grabbed her shoulders and stared directly into her soul, the atmosphere around her thickened. "U-um...Kuze-san?" She stuttered and Naomi uttered in a low voice. "Do not ever say that again." It sent shivers down her spine and she nodded.

"Wow, Nekoma made it pass the previous round?"

"I know, right?"

"But the smallest one is scary, so I doubt it was luck."