Chapter 11 : Star and Tiger

"Hey, Yamamoto-kun."

Taketora suddenly turned deep red and acted timidly. "Nii-chan, you're always so quiet around girls! This is why your team doesn't have a female manager." Akane pointed out and pouted at her brother. "Hey! My team already has two managers a few days ago!" Taketora and Akane bickered, it only made Hoshiko giggle. "A likely story!"

"Do you two know each other?" Sora suddenly spoke up.

Hoshiko only giggled some more, "Well not exactly, we do but we rarely even talk now." Sora understood and went silent again, watching her friend bicker with her brother.

As the two siblings continued to bicker, Sora sighed and chimed into their conversation. "Taketora-niichan, wanna walk home with us?" Taketora immediately went red again. As for Hoshiko, was shocked that her sister knew him without telling her. Akane kept telling Sora her brother would be so flustered that couldn't even walk in a straight line. "Oh, come on, Yamamoto-kun! Where's that enthusiasm that I saw in the gym? Where's the ace of Nekoma?" Hoshiko said confidently, only giving Sora secondhand embarrassment. Taketora's blush deepened and it only got worst.

True to Akane's words, Taketora kept crashing into lampposts. "Carefully there." Hoshiko warned him but he already crashed into another lamppost, she smiled and went to check on him. "Hey, I remembered my classmate told me about a creepy guy staring at the girls through the door a couple of weeks ago." Hoshiko mentioned. "Do you know who it was?"

Taketora blushed and muttered, "I-it's...it's me..."

It only made Hoshiko laugh hysterically, even on the verge of tears.

"Is that so? Those girls saw you wrong." Hoshiko the wiped the tears from her eyes. Taketora looked at her as she grinned and laughed, to the younger sisters, she sounded like a dying swan, to Taketora (who was too flustered to any girl) she sound like......a dying swan. Nothing changed. "You're not creepy, you're just bad at talking to type ladies." Taketora felt an arrow shot through his heart, affection and love, but also brutal honesty.

The two younger sisters watched as their older siblings seemingly to be bonding. "Yamamoto-chan, wanna grab a snack? We'll walk home together." Sora whispered. Akane nodded and the two ran away.

"Alright, let's go, Sora--she just ditched me."

~~~~~~

"Yamamoto-kun, have you noticed some of your teammates being weird lately?" Hoshiko asked, he was too nervous to talk to her. "I think Akabane and Himura has been acting really strange actually." She pointed out. Taketora just kept his mouth shut, he was too nervous to wreck the conversation like he did with other girls. "Akabane only talk about video games more now, wonder why...Himura rarely comes to us during breaks, too."

"I think both of them are crushing on somebody!" Hoshiko went to that conclusion, "It makes sense, right?" Well, she does have a point. Emika has been coming home late or alone too often and Himura only walks home with the other boys.

"I think Himura has a crush on Fukunaga-kun!" Hoshiko pointed her index finger to the sky. "H-huh? That's--she does?" Taketora suddenly broke his nervousness by the mention of his teammate's name. "Dude, the signs have been there since the practice matching with Shiratorizawa. Have you been paying attention?" She burst into laughter and held her stomach. It finally hit him, it all made more sense now.

"If Himura likes Fukunaga-kun, that meant, Akabane likes Kozume!" Hoshiko came to another conclusion, this time, the conclusion seemed to be too farfetched. Taketora only got jealous over how his friends could "stole the hearts" of pretty girls, although it was only from Hoshiko, who sometimes to joke around.

Adventures In Nekoma High || A Nekoma FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara