Chapter 76 : Lose Knots

Stepping into the arena, Aiko breathed in that sweet air of competitiveness. The sweet feeling of being in there was already intoxicating, what if they really won and went there to play? Oh, her nose must be in heaven if that ever happens.

"It's been a while, huh?" Makoto smirked as she grabbed her shoulder.

"A while?" Aiko asked at she meant.

"Yeah, I've been here with my ex-girlfriend years ago." Makoto said so nonchalantly, leaving the other two with jaws agape. Were they dreaming or did Makoto mentioned having an ex-girlfriend?

Wanting to call her friend to not miss out on the match, she was only greeted with curious yet confused faces. "What's up?" She asked. Naomi cleared her throat and yelled, "What do you mean 'ex-girlfriend'?!"

"Ahh, you don't know~" She giggled and pulled her friends closer and whispered, "I used to date Fukurodani's Mochizuki in middle school."

"WHAT?!"

Miharu can only giggle her laughter away as she watched the sight of her teammates shocked as ever. They have never thought it could be like this.

Seemed like they were bitter exes and seeing each other already piss them off.

"If you two were lovers, why break up?" Asuka asked, her face kept the calm composure she was known for.

She only winced at the memory of their break up and a lot of pain leading up to it. But they realized their faults and it wasn't a good choice to stay. "We just decided to find other people. It's better to be single and ready to mingle than having a toxic relationship."

Hearing this, Mirai can only stare blankly to the court where the cats and crows were fighting off for victory. "Then, I guess I'm not ready for it."

~~~~~~

"Let's gooooo!!"

Keiko screeched as loud as she could, started waving her balloon around with more excitement than the other students there. Hikaru had gone contain her but it was no use to stop her enthusiasm for her friend to finally come up to the court, doing what he does best. She went closer, cutting some people on the way, her face lighting up like a ball of sunshine. "So-chan, kick their butts!!"

Kai sat down next to their manager as both of them smiled kindly seeing Inuoka having the time of his life. He finally came back to the court after so long and now, he won't back down.

"He has come a long way." Kai chuckled, wiping his sweat away.

Himura nodded, "He really has."

Watching the ball bounced from Tanaka to Kageyama as quick as a feather glide to another point of place, Inuoka and the blockers began to jump but it was too fast and Hinata made his smash through the barrier. Inuoka noticed how it went over his fingetips and it landed on their side, giving the point to Karasuno.

"Inuoka, that was a 'banzai block' just now!" Lev told him.

He quickly apologized.

Kuroo quickly took notice and what Lev said wasn't true. It wasn't a banzai block to begin with.

Himura saw how Inuoka stared at Hinata giving him a confident yet arrogant grin. He really has changed since the last time he saw that shrimp.

"You're worrying about him again."

That spooked her. It was Kai. The expression he had was always composed and it made her feel unease. She never expect to be noticeable when worried sick for her kouhai.