Chapter 72 : Day 1

"My, my. What's this? Don't tell me you're actually nervous, Sawamura-san?" Kuroo started to chitchat.

Daichi could feel his heart beating so fast that it almost burst out. "Me? Your chattiness makes me think you're nervous, Kuroo-san."

"Yeah, yeah."

Kuroo nervously glanced around and saw Hinata staring at every single person in the room. "Anyways! Check out your #10. He looks like a middle schooler who accidentally wound up in the wrong place. You sure he'll be okay?"

Kuroo watched as Hinata bumped into a person, accidentally pushing Nishinoya forward. As he squinted with Daichi of what was happening, Nishinoya was accepting his fate to fall into some girl's chest. They quickly look away before anything horrible happens.

"Akahana~!"

The managers turned around and found the managers of Fukurodani approaching them with bright smiles.

"Suzumade-senpai!" Akahana grinned.

Himura blushed when she saw, "Yu-Yukie-san...!"

The four managers started to catch-up with each other about their lives, their teams and most of all, teasing each other about people they find cute (mostly Yukie and Akahana). It was such a breather that she could finally talk to someone her understanding in the position of a manager.

"Hm~?" Yukie stared at her for a few moments, making her cheeks redder. "What's wrong your face, Sara~?" Her lazy voice was too cute for her!

"Oh, nothing." Akahana excused her. "She's just really excited to see Fukunaga-senpai up there~" She ended up teasing her. Himura wasn't taking it well and almost attack her.

"Speaking of which, is Bokuto-senpai doing alright?"

"Hey, hey, heeeey! Hinata! Hey!" Bokuto made his grand entrance only to greet his favorite (or at least met) first years from Karasuno. "Wahahaha!! Oh, hey! Tsukki!!"

"Owlhead sure is hooting up a storm." Kuroo retorted.

"I envy how he can act like anywhere is his own house." Kenma confessed as Fukunaga only stared at him with a bit of oddity.

"And then--" Before Kaori could finish her words the announcement was made to the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome. The opening ceremonies of The Japanet Cup National Spring High School Volleyball Tournament will now begin."

The older duo of managers bid farewell to the younger ones, returning to their coach where they could watch their team.

The orchestra began to play the music as the teams walked in with the mascots of Vabo-chan jumping around. They began telling the representatives for the prefectures.

"Hold my hand." Akahana blushed when she heard that coming out of Himura's mouth. Since the crowd was moving pretty quickly, she slammed their hands together and tried to walk their way out of the crowded halls. It felt so weird to hold her hand, Akahana noted how hers were soft whereas Himura's were rougher. 'Omigosh, why am I blushing again?!'

"Hey, coach." Akahana called to Naoi. "I have to answer this." She showed her phone, Naoi let her and advised her not to take so long.

"Hey, mama." She greeted through the phone. "I'm fine. We're doing warm-ups right now, though. Can we talk later, after the match is done?"

Himura was supposed to do research on the team they were up against, when she learned for the name of the school, she wrote it down on her clipboard.

Kiyokawa.