Chapter 31 Niyati married?

Author's POV

Niyati finally started breathing as Aadarshini and Shaurya were out of her sight and entered her room. She was worried, but somewhere she knew that everything shall be handled very well by Shaurya. She had noticed how collected he was all the time as if he was already ready for this.

He looked too much at ease actually. He didn't even seem surprised when he saw his mother.

Speaking of his mother. How did she even find out about the marriage? They had made sure no one knew about it. Only the four of them and Arjun knew about the wedding. Had Shaurya himself informed his mother?

No no he won't do that. That woman was herself well connected and must have hired detectives to follow them. But then how come Shaurya took it so calmly? Niyati's head was spinning with thoughts.

Now that she was out of her frozen state her brain was able to process the scene in front of her.

Shikhar was uttering foul words every time he opened his mouth. He looked like a man ready to kill. Ashu was trying her best to calm him down and had clutched her hands around Shikhar's left hand to hold him from murdering the bodyguards.

Arjun was still standing with his gun in his hand ready to raise it anytime it was needed. The bodyguards were on alert too.

Arjun was one against two bodyguards and was carrying a small pistol as compared to the sten guns held by the two. Niyati was seriously doubting his chances of surviving in case something went south. Though she never doubted his abilities but as of this moment, the situation was against him.

Niyati very well knew that the only person who could save this marriage was Shaurya. But she had no idea what was going on behind the closed door. What was taking them so long?

Suddenly the thought that the woman must have come up with some way of blackmailing her own son against the marriage crossed Niyati's mind and she shuddered. What if Shaurya falls for the blackmailing? She may not give him much choice, just the way it had happened in the past. Will the marriage happen?

Niyati was too lost in her thoughts to notice someone standing beside her and supporting her to help stand.

Niketan and Niyati could be called childhood friends as they went to the same school. He was two years senior to her. As kids they were inseparable. But that changed as they grew up and went to separate colleges.

Niketan's dad was a pandit (priest) and a family friend. Their families would have get-togethers every week and he used to perform pooja for the Sharma family when their parents were alive. In fact, it was Niketan's dad who had gotten Niyati's parents married. So when Ashu's marriage was fixed Niyati went to call her uncle to perform the ceremony. But uncle had been bed ridden from a long time. So when Niketan asked if he could help her out and perform the rituals instead of his father, Niyati was more than happy to agree.

" Hey you okay? Do you need water?"

Niketan who had been a silent spectator till now couldn't stop himself from asking, looking at how pale Niyati looked.

Niyati hadn't even reacted before a glass of water was placed in her hands.

" Drink! You need it. Breathe! I am sure your boyfriend will take care of everything even if you both aren't on speaking terms."

Niketan was giving a calm and sweet smile. Niyati's twisted her head to look at him with such a force that for a second he was worried she must have snapped it. He couldn't help laughing at her astonished face.

" N...no. He no. I mean. He me. He is Shikhar's brother. Not my boyfriend."

" Oh god! First of all, your stammering tells a lot. And then there's the way you two look at each other. Any idiot can see it. Also just for your info, he couldn't keep his eyes away from you, ofcourse that was only when you weren't looking at him. "

Niyati couldn't stop blushing as Niketan continued to tease her.

" But I must say, some rocking family this guy has. I have heard about Oberois. Don't be so surprised. You may not have kept contact with me but Ashu still comes home from time to time with Shikhar. Actually it was dad who asked me to look into Shikhar when he saw them together years back. He feels protective about you two and sorry for not being able to do more after what happened to your parents.

Also, I remember Shaurya used to come to pick you up when we were in college. Whenever grandma came home she used to talk about him non stop.

You can appreciate my good memory later on. Actually I was hell jealous of him at the time. We were married once, remember?"

" Ya I remember. How can I forget? But then you asked my favourite water bottle as dowry and we broke our marriage. You ditched me first."

Both bursted out laughing, catching everyone's attention in the room.

" Hey man. Better maintain your distance. You have no idea what you are getting into."

Shikhar immediately chipped in a playful tone, keeping his anger aside for a while.

" Don't worry your brother is busy pretending he doesn't care. So I guess I still have a chance. Besides, we are already married. "

" Oh yes I remember your marriage too. But didn't you two quarrel after that and decided to never get married again. How come we never did that again? You two grew up too soon. "

Ashu's eyes twinkled with fond memories.

"This time I won't ask for a water bottle. Promise. Marry me."

Niketan was holding Niyati's hand as he playfully proposed to her, unaware that two extra pairs of eyes had rejoined them.

"So the great enchantress traps one more. Too bad you will have to find someone else. She is dying today."

Aadarshini enthusiastically clapped her hands maintaining a beautiful smile on her face.

" What the hell are you talking about?"

Ashu screamed.

" Oh you see. Me and Shaurya came up with an agreement.

For one sister to get married the other one has to die.

Kill her!!"

************************************

Hello everyone

Sorry for delay in updating. I was busy with my cousin's marriage and was too tired dancing, gossiping and eating to update.

Also I would like to welcome new readers and thank them to join in the journey.

A big thank you to everyone for voting and commenting. It really gives a boost knowing that the hard work is being acknowledged.

In case you are a silent reader or do not like to vote or comment, I would still like to thank you for reading the book.

❤️❤️❤️❤️