Chapter 44 Makeover

Niyati's POV

Night time is when you can be lost in your thoughts and no one disturbs you. Just pretend you are sleeping and you can get lost in your own world.

My thoughts weren't so happy and I was surprised I didn't get a panic attack. I guess the two Koala bears hugging the life out of me from both sides must be the reason. But even they couldn't help the silent tears that kept escaping.

When I got up I was surprised to find myself in bed. And as expected, I had a massive headache. Had I been at my place I would have spent the whole day in bed but I can't here. Even though it's a Sunday, but I still felt guilty of waking up later than everyone else.

Oh no! it's 11 already?

I woke up with a jerk and felt like something was hammered into my head. Damn! What a start.

I could hear voices from the living room.Looks like they were having a party.

Wait! didn't we sleep in the living room? How come I am in my room, I mean room allotted to me…..ahh whatever!

Getting fresh and not forgetting to comb my hair which resembles the bird's nest every morning, I left the room.

" Didi! You are awake! Shikhar bhaiyya made tea. And the snacks you made are soooo gooood."

Looks like Yogi was a morning person. She was literally yelling. Ahh! my headache. Her every word was like a drum beating inside my head. I just gave a polite smile, to not sound rude when I really wanted to ask her to lower her volume.

Everyone was at the dining table chatting and laughing. Everyone except one, who was sitting with them but was busy on his laptop. Unfortunately the only chair vacant was beside him. I should get used to this.

I silently sat on the chair as everyone paused from whatever conversation they were having to give me a sweet smile for a second, and it was loud again.

My hands absent-mindedly started to massage my forehead. I need a  painkiller.

" You okay? Headache?"

Shaurya was looking at me with concern.

I just nodded.

" Eat something. I'll give you a painkiller."

He was still staring and I am sure though everyone was pretending to be engrossed in their own conversation, they were eyeing us. Their volume had come down drastically, probably trying to hear us.

What was the sudden interest in us? Can't we talk normally?

I was about to kill someone when Yogi placed tea and a plate of snacks in front of me.

Why do they look like the ones I made? Didn't Yogi mention something about how good my snacks tasted? How did they get here?

" I asked Shikhar to get the snacks from our house. I hope you don't mind. He even got your bags."

Ashu said, probably seeing my puzzled expressions.

" Good he did. We all were starving and they were so good. We hogged most of it. I don't think anything will be left even for you."

Aasma was quick to fill me in.

I gave a faint smile and nodded. I was happy they all liked it.

I wasn't in a mood to eat but I forced down something along with the tea so I could have a tablet.

I noticed one thing though. Shaurya was constantly picking up something from my plate while working on his laptop. One empty plate was already lying in front of him, clearly indicating he has already finished eating.