Chapter 12

It was her birthday. We didn't take leave. I had just joined my father's company and she had just gotten a new job. We met around 5 p.m. I hated myself for not planning anything for her or for not getting her a big gift. But I left a little early and stood in front of her office building instead of waiting at our decided place. When she saw me, her eyes widened and she gave me her 1000 watt smile. Something in my heart fluttered. She looked like an angel descended from heaven. Just beautiful!!

Tugging a strand of hair behind her ear, looking down, she kept walking towards me. It had been a year we were going out, yet till date, her eyes never met mine. I just loved that nervous side of her and the fact that it was only for me.

We didn't hug or anything. We just kept walking while I gave her a box of chocolates I had gotten for her. She stopped for a minute and opened it excitedly. Taking one out from it she kept the rest in her bag. She always kept some for her sister. Unwrapping the one she had removed, she took a bite and held it in front of my mouth as I took a small bite out of it. It may be nothing for others but I always loved when she did that. She only shared with me. It felt intimate.

We ate chat at her favourite roadside stall. Of course we shared that too. Actually I didn't let her touch the spoon and fed her. Everytime she took a bite she would look here and there making sure no one was watching us. Her expressions kept my eyes hooked on her face. And those dangling earrings! Everytime she moved her head they would touch her, making me jealous. I know I am whipped. I couldn't help that everything about her attracted me. She was the most adorable person I had ever seen.

On the way home it started raining. She opened her umbrella immediately and I scooted close to her to avoid getting drenched. We kept walking slowly discussing our day. Suddenly it started pouring heavily and one umbrella wasn't enough to save the both of us. I know what she was doing. She was tilting the umbrella more towards me so that I wouldn't get wet. I didn't say anything but she should know it's no more you and me. It's always us.

I snaked my right hand around her waist and pulled her closer. My other hand held her hands which were struggling to keep the umbrella straight as it was getting windy. She didn't stop me nor said anything. But I knew she was getting affected because of my closeness, as was I. We had never been this close to each other. Her left side was completely pasted to my right.

We just kept walking, both unable to utter a word, just loving the closeness. It was magical. Cold breeze brushing us, along with the drops of water that the umbrella couldn't prevent from rolling onto us. The weather was beautiful as was the feeling raising in our hearts.

I just kept tightening my hold on her waist pulling her closer and closer. Not only were our steps synchronised our heartbeats were too. While walking my nose would brush her hair and her sweet scent would fill me. Oh god! Even this much closeness wasn't enough. I wanted more.

Soon we were standing in front of the entrance of her building. It was deserted because of the downpour. Good for me. I didn't remove my hand which was holding her waist. I knew the moment I would remove it she would immediately run away. Once we entered her building she started to close her umbrella with shaky hands, definitely nervous because of my touch. I had to help her with my free hand and we succeeded after a bit of struggle, as I refused to use my right hand that was holding her by her waist.

It was time to say goodbye.

" I...I sh... should go."

She shuttered while saying it. She was looking at the floor again, while I kept staring at her sideways.

Both of us were wet, the umbrella unable to help us in this heavy and windy downpour. Her wet hair were sticking to her neck. Water drops were sliding down her face. She was looking so sexy. I didn't feel like letting her go or take my eyes off her.