Chapter 26 Story Started

Niyati's POV

Grandma was recovering well after operation so our hospital visits had stopped. I was disappointed that I couldn't see him anymore. I thought it was time to come to terms that it was just a crush and move on. I may never see him ever again.

Imagine my surprise when one day I was rushing home from work, exhausted and tired and I saw him standing in all his glory in front of my building.

Oh God! I was about to faint. I thought I was hallucinating. I stood frozen unable to react.

Whenever I interacted with him before, Grandma was always around. Not exactly with us but she used to be there. But now, I was alone. Not exactly alone, given that we were standing in front of our building which was beside a very busy road.

I wasn't sure why I was breathing heavily. My heart was racing like anything. I felt like I was in some movie. He on one side of the road and me on the other. Cars and people passing between us at their own speed, oblivious of the turmoil in our hearts. And for us, they all didn't exist. Just me and him looking at each other, so lost in our world that everything around disappeared.

I knew I was acting like a love sick puppy. There was every possibility that he was here for some other work. He seeing me could have been a coincidence.

When I saw him crossing the road, dodging the cars and crossing carefully, I swear I panicked. I was looking like a junkie, tired after a long day of college and work. He on the other hand looked like some hero walking smoothly.

" A..ah...I….you didn't visit hospital for a long time. I was worried."
He said the moment he was in front of me.

Did he stammer? So he came to see me? This wasn't any coincidence? How did he even find me?

" How did you get the address?"

Oh great! Way to go. He must be thinking I didn't want him to come. Why am I such an idiot?

He started looking here and there while scratching the back of his neck. Was he nervous?

" I bribed the clerk to remove your file, I mean your grandma's file."

I don't know how I was still on my feet. I am pretty sure I had an heart attack listening to that. No no I was dancing. Or was I screaming?

" Niyati?"

His voice made me realize I wasn't doing anything but gawking at him in a frozen state.

" Shit! I shouldn't have. Sorry. I should go. I had no intention of scaring you. I….I just missed you."

He started moving behind looking at me, his face clearly showing, I don't know...pain? disappointment?

" No! Don't go."

I screamed. The person who was passing beside me jumped, scared. Wow what a impression. If not earlier now he must have really thought of running away.

Suddenly he started laughing. He looked so handsome. Soon I also couldn't stop myself and joined him.

That was how my story with Shaurya started. Though I didn't ask him his name that day also. It was when he started coming every day to take me to college that I started opening up slowly. It must be a week later that I asked his name and he awarded me with a fit of laughter and unintentionally wrapped his arms around mine.

Awkward! That's how the next few seconds went when he realized where his hand was and looked at my eyes which looked like some frog's, popping out of my face wide with surprise. But he didn't remove his hand. Infact he just kept dragging me to college with his arms wrapped around mine.