Chapter 54 Waking up ❤️

Niyati's POV

Busy busy busy

It was like even breathing would take time and if possible we would have avoided it too. We were that busy.

By we, I mean me and Shaurya.

We had started to work on Shaurya's dream project. Since it was in it's initial stages a lot of work had to be done. A lot of decisions to be made and a lot of people to be met. Having lunch in the office was like a luxury now. We just grabbed something while traveling in the car. Dinner was at home with our laptops in front of us, discussing or planning something.

Don't ask about the late nights we had started pulling up. It was almost everyday we would fall asleep on the sofa or on the carpet while working. Somehow I always woke up beside Shaurya. Today was no exception.

My alarm rang at 6 am as usual and I found myself beside Shaurya, as usual again, but that didn't stop my heart from beating faster. I am pretty sure we were sitting opposite to each other when we were discussing something. I have no idea when I slept. But unlike everyday when we just used to be waking up sitting next to each other, today we were sleeping on the carpet and my head was resting on his left arm as he spooned me from behind, his right hand wrapped around my stomach. I could feel his warm and steady breath on my neck, giving me goosebumps. A duvet covered us both providing us the warmth against the chill caused because of heavy rains.

I couldn't understand what to do. My heart kept beating in an ascending order everytime his warm breath fell on my neck. I think I was about to get a heart attack. My alarm rang again, startling me, reminding me that I hadn't stopped it last time it rang. I started to move to get my cell but Shaurya moved too, pulling me more towards him, his hold on me tightening a bit as his face dipped into my neck, his lips slightly touching my bare skin near my neck.

Did the temperature rise suddenly?

Where the hell is all the oxygen?

" Sh... Shaurya"
I somehow managed to whisper.

" Hmm"

He grunted clearly displeased to be disturbed. I wasn't afraid of him getting angry but what he did next literally gave me a heart attack.

Shaurya rubbed his nose against my neck. He was still waking up and was unaware of his actions and the effect they were having on me. It was like he was at ease and this was how we woke up everyday.

If this happens everyday I will need to visit a cardiologist soon.

" Shaurya"

I tried again. My alarm was blasting in full volume, irritating me.

I could feel Shaurya stirring a bit behind me, his hold on me loosening, enough for my hands to reach my cell and stop that stupid alarm.

" It's too early. Sleep for some time."

He said in his sexy sleep voice. I mean just his sleepy voice.

" We have an appointment at 9. Let's get up."

" Half an hour"

I couldn't help chuckling as he whined like a kid.

" Are you laughing at me?"

I couldn't help laughing loudly now as he started to tickle me. When he stopped I was breathing heavily though it was only for a few seconds. How come he stopped so soon? It was then that I realized, in order to create some distance from his hand that was tickling me I had moved backwards pressing myself fully against him.

I should move. I need to get up. Then why wasn't I able to? Why did it feel so good to be near him?

No! I need to……

All my thoughts froze and everything within me went mushy when Shaurya's lips brushed my neck.

Oh my!!

Breathe! Breathe!

What is happening to me? It's like my whole body is on fire. What is he doing to me?

He started planting soft kisses on my neck.

I could hardly keep my eyes open and I had no idea when my hand went into his hair or when I had tilted my head to give him more access to my neck. His name escaped from my mouth when he took my skin in his mouth and bit me softly, taking his own sweet time to release it. I am sure it must have a left mark behind. Then why was I moaning instead of pushing him away? It's like the more he kissed the more I wanted it.

I don't know if I turned on my own or Shaurya pulled me but before I could understand anything I had rolled and was hugging him as if my life depended on it. His hold on me was equally tight. I wished he would never leave me. It felt like heaven right here right now.

Suddenly a loud music startled me. It took me a second to understand that the doorbell rang. Within a second not only had I distanced myself from Shaurya but had reached my room and was now trying to breathe behind my closed door.

Oh God!!

What just happened?

A small smile involuntarily made its way to my face as I remembered what had just happened. As my brain started working and recollecting our short make out, my smile widened and I buried my face into my hands hiding from myself.

I know I am not making any sense. I don't even want to. All I want is Shaurya.

Shaurya

Shaurya

That was the only thing in my head even when I had my bath.

I was still floating when I stood in front of the mirror after getting dressed and saw the big red patch on my skin near my neck.

Now that brought me back to earth.

Is this what they call hickey? I have read it in the romantic novels Ashu made me read. Thank God Ashu isn't here to see this. But Yogi is also too smart and will definitely try to dig more.

I tried to cover it up with some powder but it was difficult to hide. I wished I had that skin color liquid Ashu has whenever she does makeup.

I needed to change. I checked if I had a full neck blouse. After a lot of digging I finally found a full neck t-shirt which could pass as a formal too if I wore a jacket on it. I hoped it remained cold, else I was going to die due to the heat. Who in their right mind wears a full neck in the rainy season, that too in Mumbai where the temperature can vary from cold to hot to humid any second.

Ahh!! Shauuuuryaaaa!! I am going to kill you…..

Wait a minute.

I totally forgot.

I had to face Shaurya now. How am I going to face him now? How will whatever happened today affect our relationship? How will I work with him the whole day without blushing?

Someone pleaseeeee kill me.